Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

SONY (Boot To The Head For Bootleggers)

Sponsored Links
    [Register or Login to view links]

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I wonder how long it'll be before the "version check" is discovered and removed from 'scene' releases?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Idiots. Can't they see that homebrew is what would give them the edge over the DS? The fact that the intros to the game images play on V1.5 proves that there bios update only stops homebrew, not piracy.
    Last edited by Kraken; 05-13-2005 at 04:51 AM

Sponsored Links

Arg!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
    I WANT MY EMULATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop pokin me like that Sony!! Were not in prison :stickpoke

Ludikhris

Quote Originally Posted by Kraken
    Idiots. Can't they see that homebrew is what would give them the edge over the DS? The fact that the intros to the game images play on V1.5 proves that there bios update only stops homebrew, not piracy.
    Those aren't the game intro sheesh. I could make a text file called whatever and name it DATA.PSP with the text "hello world" in it. Use a PBP packer and put the ICON0.PNG, ICON1.PMF, SND0.AT3 and PARAM.SFO. And it will play that stupid little movie and when I click it, it will get the same exact error it gets when using the real binary.

What those "hackers" did is not accomplishment and it could be done before the games were leaked on the Internet. Infact people were alreadying doing it with fake homebrew.

Because that so called "intro" is running from the XMB menu system, its not actually booting the game's binary. Just running a small video file, small sound file and displaying those images. Nothing special.

If it actually got past the little 'PSP' boot screen, without that error, then I'd be impressed because that means the game is actually running.

If nothing else, there'll be a modchip that'll allow you to switch back and forth between bios versions.

I agree, this could even help the scene, if the hackers see how it updates the psp, and then just find a way to run code to downgrade the bios to 1.0 or something.

Or even as kaylakaze says, maybe just a chip that will allow you to boot from one bios code, for homebrew, and then let sony have their code for originals, to make them feel better.

thats fine by me, if sony wants to play that game, then i wont update my PSP (untill i know the new version can run emulators) and just wont by the new games.

my PSP is worth a lot more to me loaded up with NES, SNES, Genesis, GBA, Mame games then it ever would be buying new psp games.

Quote Originally Posted by Null
    thats fine by me, if sony wants to play that game, then i wont update my PSP (untill i know the new version can run emulators) and just wont by the new games.

my PSP is worth a lot more to me loaded up with NES, SNES, Genesis, GBA, Mame games then it ever would be buying new psp games.
    EXACTLEY my opinion too!

It really doens't matter what is done. The Cube was hardest so far, and that was FINALLY completed. What $ony has going for them is the fact that they used the UMD's so that is a challenge in it's self. Too be honest I would say that. 90% of people would rather have runing emu's over pirated games. My GBA with the NES emu is the greatest thing. I use it all the time. If $ony would allow the homebrew scene a way to run stuff that would be awsome. Maybe they could even sell a mini dev kit that would run only through the MS with special bios you could only get through $ony (at least they could still make some money off of it). But I'm sure they fear that it will lead to pirated games. If they don't do something like that it's just a matter of time till someone finds a way to do it and they will make the money off of it. So in my mind they will lose either way. I'm waiting to get a PSP till I can play NES and SNES then this GBA is gone, lol. BTW a GBA emu on the PSP would be great also.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News