Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

damn sony, they will never stop the gennious of all top-coders in the net, like paradox say:
    "LEGENDS MAY SLEEP, BUT THEY NEVER DIE!! "
    they delay, but will not fail.

Quote Originally Posted by nEcRo64x
    Those aren't the game intro sheesh. I could make a text file called whatever and name it DATA.PSP with the text "hello world" in it. Use a PBP packer and put the ICON0.PNG, ICON1.PMF, SND0.AT3 and PARAM.SFO. And it will play that stupid little movie and when I click it, it will get the same exact error it gets when using the real binary.

What those "hackers" did is not accomplishment and it could be done before the games were leaked on the Internet. Infact people were alreadying doing it with fake homebrew.

Because that so called "intro" is running from the XMB menu system, its not actually booting the game's binary. Just running a small video file, small sound file and displaying those images. Nothing special.

If it actually got past the little 'PSP' boot screen, without that error, then I'd be impressed because that means the game is actually running.
    I haven't actually tested any of this personally, but PS3News.com said i this thread http://www.ps3news.com/forums/showth...?t=1245&page=3
    10) Exit out of USB Mode, and then go to the GAME/MEMORY CARD icon in you PSP and you will have the intros to the VAMPIRE and/or WIPEOUT and/or RRACERS games to check out. Of course you can't play them yet... but it's still cool, eh?

Finally, YES this works on a PSP with v1.50 firmware... not just v1.00 PSPs. Attached below is a pic of the Intros available to watch, of course the "homebrew" one doesn't work on my v1.50 PSP though but the rest do nicely.
    Which I interpreted to mean that the games played up to the title screen on V1.5, not just the psp's initial loading screen.

Isnt it possible to have a hacked firmware like the FlashMe stuff for DS. Changing the BIOS to bust a homebrewed security hole? Like it could be version 1.5 but having a modified editon.

Or having it to patch the UMDdiscs on the fly so the version check doesnt work.
    Last edited by GauNodac; 05-13-2005 at 02:06 PM

Don't worry guys sooner or later we shall prevail, sony can protect all they want, but we know its just a hick up. PS2, XBOX, GC they all tried, PSP is next...

its to early to predict what Sony will do. I think they might put some PSP check when the new socom come out and make you download update to play online, but I agree about having Emu on PSP. Sony will not lose anything, but gain. unless people are rich enoguh to buy 2g memory sticks. Well I bought my PSP knowing that i might have a nes emu and play punch out one day, lets hope they defeat v1.5 and find a way to prevent sony from making us suffer this way.

It's great how far we've come, I've put rracer and wipeout on my psp and yes i can see the intro for rracer and the psp startup screen (until it gives an error) for wipeout, that all on my 1.5 firmware

So it has to be a matter of time beffore we can have some emu's on a 1.5

Keep up the good work

Sony could care less if there system runs homebrews.

It seems that people always forget this, Sony makes no money off the PSP itself. They make all the money on games and movies.

So by saying that sony can sell more PSP's is pointless cause they make no money off the person who buys the PSP for homebrew.

I read somewhere online that Sony's gonna wait till their UMD media sales/sells then they'll distribute downloadable games.
    Last edited by menist; 05-14-2005 at 03:56 PM

Quote Originally Posted by forcelite
    Sony could care less if there system runs homebrews.

It seems that people always forget this, Sony makes no money off the PSP itself. They make all the money on games and movies.

So by saying that sony can sell more PSP's is pointless cause they make no money off the person who buys the PSP for homebrew.
    This is true, however market share is important too. High market share is one of the biggest things that gets third party support which bring the good games and their profits to the system. Also, the homebrew (like emulators) gives people incentive to buy the system when they otherwise wouldn't. Once they have the system, might a well buy a few legit games/movies.

I wish they would crack 1.5 . Ive payed close to 250 dollars just on games(Some which ive played once.), and another 100 on just extra memory.
    I did my part, now I want to play a real game, a real rpg(untold legends was ok). I want to play the final fantasys on the super nintendo or even the original one for nintendo.
    I still havent got to beat zelda on snes ><. "COULD NEVER FIND THE HAMMER"
    But yeah, I plea for someone to break the encryption needed to run the games on 1.5

Not to mention, I am in school for game/dev, I think it would be awesome if I could write my own games for the psp. Which I could do, if we could ever run the stuff on the 1.5 firmware. Come on sony, we love you, and the psp was the best thing ever invented, but you need to give us a little more freedom.

BTW
    Untold Legends
    Darkstalkers
    Metal Gear Acid
    Mercury
    WipeoutPure
    512mb stick of memory

(Great way to spend my extra money from school -_-)
    Last edited by skyewing; 05-16-2005 at 01:28 AM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast