Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Sony Announces Vodafone as PS Vita 3G Connectivity Partner

Sponsored Links
    Today Sony European Product Manager Adam Grant has officially announced Vodafone as their preferred PS Vita 3G connectivity partner.

To quote: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) and Vodafone have today announced a partnership that will see Vodafone as the preferred provider of 3G connectivity for PlayStation Vita initially in the UK, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Australia, New Zealand and The Netherlands, and with Vodafone's Partner in France (SFR).

The PS Vita 3G/Wi-Fi model sold in selected countries will come with a Vodafone SIM card so that users can immediately enjoy social gaming experiences on the go.

Customers will also be able to buy PS Vita 3G/Wi-Fi model direct from Vodafone channels, both online and in store. In addition, customers connecting with Vodafone will receive a PlayStation Network voucher to download WipEout 2048 from PlayStation Store.

"With social gaming and connectivity at the heart of PlayStation Vita it is important that we partner with a market leading network provider, to ensure users have a high quality 3G experience." said Jim Ryan, President & CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.

"Partnering with Vodafone will enable PS Vita users in the selected countries to always be connected with their PlayStation life, friends and games, wherever they are."

"We want our customers to have the best choice of devices and PlayStation Vita is a great addition to our range," said Patrick Chomet, Vodafone's Group Terminals Director. "We know from our application downloads that games are hugely popular with our customers, so we're delighted to be SCEE's preferred connectivity partner for 3G Vita devices sold across Europe and other selected regional markets.

Using the device over Vodafone's high-performance network with extensive 3G reach and market leading download speeds brings a reliable 'anywhere anytime' dimension to gaming."

PS Vita will be launching in PAL regions from 22nd February 2012. For more information visit eu.playstation.com/psvita

Sony Announces Vodafone as PS Vita 3G Connectivity Partner

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yay, Wipeout for free. Now worth a little more, to buy a 3g version

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So while sony ericsson strugling and going separate ways but the core playstation business is ready to take what their lose on mobile connection market although this maybe decreasing their cellphone market... and a local telecom provider already sign a contract with sony, so it can reach far and more gamer with reasonable cost especially poor and isolated gamer like me

Personally I don't like Vodafone, I never get good signal with them here in the UK.
    Would be better (for customers) if Sony made individual deals for country specific carriers, o2 have a better coverage in the UK than Vodafone do etc.

Anyway, here's a few links to the coverage maps of Vodafone in a few of the countries mentioned in the article

UK:
    [Register or Login to view links]

Ireland:

Australia:

New Zealand:

Netherlands:

Spain:

Vodafone probably has the worst call center ever, they put you on hold for ages, and when someone picks up they can't even speak fluent English. This is for most phone companies here in Australia anyways, but I find Vodafone to be the most annoying. Also I see no point in anyone getting the 3G version if they already have a phone, also I can't see anyone else using a PS Vita as a phone to begin with. I bet sony think they're so original making their PS vita 3G compatible, lets not forget the Gizmondo (released in 2005) could also use a sim card to make calls and send texts. But we all know how bad the Gizmondo failed.
    Last edited by HeyManHRU; 11-22-2011 at 07:33 AM

A) Vodafone is a BAD choice by Sony - hate this cross-marketing ...
    B) As said above - why to get ANOTHER SIM card with another contract, most probably with worse data deal that you already have or can arrange yourself localy if you can get much cheaper WiFi model only and if really on the move just tether it to your Mobile / Tablet / Laptop / Etc with 3G connectivity?

Vodafone is very slow where i live believe it or not the only provider i can get true high speed connection with is 3 oO

Do you know what's funny Ni72ous? Vodafone and 3 and now the same company here in Australia.

Yeah, HeymanHRU in India too.

My cousin works in the 3G department for 3 in India, but his ID says Vodafone.

Confusing to say the least.

hope that this piece of crap is open line with other network providers too. I hate enough with the cellphones that had network lock on them.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News