Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Sony Announces PS Vita Gets Skype Video and Voice Calling Today

Sponsored Links
    Sony Senior Director Manrique Brenes from their Consumer Electronics Group at Skype has announced that PS Vita is getting Skype video and Voice Calling beginning today.

To quote: Hi everyone! My name is Manrique Brenes and I'm the senior director of the consumer electronics group at Skype.

We've very happy to announce that the Skype Video and Voice calling app for PS Vita will be available later today on PlayStation Store.

Starting later today, you can enjoy free [Register or Login to view links] calls on PS Vita. You'll be able to keep in touch with gamers around the globe while you're on the go as Skype is available for both the 3G/Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi models.

The Skype app includes free Skype-to-Skype voice calling, as well as high-quality video calling that utilizes PS Vita's front and rear cameras.

The Skype app on PS Vita runs in "background mode" while you're gaming or using other applications* -- meaning you have the capability to "pause" a game, conduct a call and then return to your previous activity -- so you never miss a call. Plus, with a little Skype credit you can make low-cost calls to landlines and mobile directly from your PS Vita.

As you know, PS Vita is equipped with a 5" OLED touchscreen, dual analog sticks, precise rear touch pad, two cameras and a built-in microphone that can be used with any Skype-certified headset.

To help walk you through the application, check out the video with our friend, fellow game enthusiast Fatal1ty.

Please visit [Register or Login to view links] for more information on Skype features for PS Vita.

For feedback or questions please visit [Register or Login to view links]. Happy gaming!

* Certain games/applications will not be able to "pause" during a call."

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links
    Really? Well, amazing and useful

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Heard some people would like to have this for blackberry lol

Skype is already ready for download on the psn store 9.2mb download for those interested in getting it and making video calls on the go with your buddies

Awesome news, wasn't expecting this!

It will be kind of awesome, but it's obviously nothing new. Also I'm better of using my phone for video calling since I'll be using my credit and not my internet.

this is stupid, you can only voice and video call but no text chat.

Not really, there are still many ways people can send text messages to each other. Like PSN.

Not yet available in the UK store

Quote Originally Posted by shabutie78 View Post
    this is stupid, you can only voice and video call but no text chat.
    This is really moronic! Many people actually use Skype mainly as IM and voice / video calls only accasionaly ...

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News