Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sony Announces PS Vita 3.10 System Software Update, Details

Sponsored Links
    Following up on their previous PlayStation Vita Firmware update, today Sony Platform Marketing Manager Sharon Kapitula has announced PS Vita 3.10 System Software Update with details below.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

Shortly following, some new PlayStation Vita Exploit Games for Firmware 3.01 and 3.10 surfaced from katsu, heleius and qwikrazor87 for TN-V from Total_Noob.

To quote: Hi everyone! The next system software update for PS Vita, version 3.10, will be available for download beginning later today.

This update brings some anticipated and useful features to PS Vita, including the ability to display more than 100 applications on the home screen (we know you've been waiting patiently for this one), and a new Calendar application.

Check out some of the new features and changes in PS Vita's 3.10 system update below:

• You can now display up to 500 applications on the home screen.
    • A Calendar application has been added for PS Vita, allowing you to set up gaming events with your friends. Sync your Google calendar to have all your events with you on your PS Vita. You can also share your favorite events by using the Messages and Email applications.
    • A new "Manage Content on Memory Card" option has been added to the Content Manager application. You can now view the data on your memory card, making it easier than ever to manage content on your PS Vita. You can now view memory usage by content type, and delete content and applications.
    • You can now send and receive voice messages using the Messages application on PS Vita. Exchange voice messages with your friends and players on PS4 and PS Vita.

For the full list of new or revised features in PS Vita system software update 3.10 and instructions for updating your system, please visit [Register or Login to view links] after the update goes live later today.

Let us know what you think of the new update in the comments below. What new feature are you most looking forward to?

Update: Some Extra "Hidden" Features discovered include:

• The PlayStation Store Application Stability has improved. Menus seem to cache themselves better, Picture Icons load in better, Animation runs smoother.
    • Store.SonyEntertainmentNetwork.com Now redirects to the PlayStation Store application (It used to display an error, saying this website was not supported by the browser).
    • Some Changes to the aesthetics of the Web Browser Application have been made.
    • This update also adds Blutooth keyboard as well as DualShock 4 (DS4) support for PS Vita TV.

Some PlayStation Vita consoles with 32 GB Memory card either shut themself down or go into a constant reboot after installation of PS Vita Firmware 3.10 Update.

From Infamous_Hero via Reddit: "I updated my Vita after fully charging it, now it won't turn on. The PS logo appears on the screen and the home button turns blue but then turns off seconds later."

According to Sony, they are aware of the issue and a patch to fix it will arrive soon.

Also from [Register or Login to view links]: I have spoken to Sony Technical Support this morning after my Vita crashed during the 3.10 update.

I have two Vita's neither will boot with the card in, and neither will enter Safe mode with the card in.

The rep confirmed it's an issue with "some memory cards", they wouldn't confim which ones.

There is a patch dropping tomorrow to fix this issue apparently. The advice was:
    • Remove the memory card
    • Update the with the new patch
    • Re-insert the card to see if the data is available.

I would personally then (if you have access) back up the save game data and format the card but that's personal opinion.

I thought I would create this thread for other having the same issue.

Update (thanks CaptainCapybara): Sony Twitter Account reports the update is it's dropping soon.

Finally, from The Z (via wololo.net/2014/03/25/new-mandatory-playstation-vita-firmware-3-10-released-blocks-tn-v-kernel-mode-exploit-and-various-exploit-titles/): New mandatory PlayStation Vita Firmware 3.10 released – Blocks TN-V kernel mode exploit and various exploit titles!

The changelog of the new firmware is at the very end of the news! Sony just released a new firmware update for the PS Vita, which fixes the TN-V kernel mode exploit and the usermode exploit titles for firmware 3.01.

This new firmware also fixes exploits in various undisclosed exploit titles. Please skip the following wall of text if you are not interested in a little flashback to firmware 3.01 from 3 months ago and what happened in these 3 months.

A flashback to the Firmwares 3.00/3.01 & the whole TN-V eCFW stuff:

The last PS Vita Firmware update, 3.01, scared a few of us for a few hours, because it patched the exploit title King of Pool. Why this was such a shock for a few of us? Well, it was originally supposed to be the ninja release exploit title for the firmware 3.xx, until we decided against it and then continued to use the game 101-in-1 Megamix, which was later successfully brought to you without getting pulled prematurely (unlike the BEN 10 game, but that is another story).

In the end King of Pool was re-exploitable for firmware 3.01 and people that were stuck at firmware 3.00 (and below) could update to Firmware 3.01 to use the PSN Store, the various Online services and of course Total_Noobs TN-V eCFW.

We gave you the chance for a second (well, technically third/fourth if we count King of Pool and the japanese exploit title for firmware 3.01) game, which now included the australian region. This second chance was not that successfully, since the game got pulled prematurely, like Mad Blocker Alpha for firmware 1.81, thanks to leaks and bragging with knowing the upcoming exploit title.

This hurts the community and does NOT help it in any way. Please do NOT do these things and stay quiet, that is the best thing to do for all of us.

Why I am telling you all these things you might ask yourself... Well, since Sony worked on this new PS Vita Firmware update, that got released just a few moments ago, for a solid 3 months, it should be more than crystal clear that all these fancy things are now fixed. The kernel mode exploit used for using the Total_Noob TN-V eCFW and the usermode exploits for accessing and booting said kernel mode exploit / TN-V eCFW are also fixed and can’t be used at this very new firmware.

But what are you now supposed to do? Well, we can’t help you with questions like “Should I update or stay at 3.01 and use TN-V?“, but we can definitely help you with questions like “Will TN-V / ~insert exploit game title~ work at this new firmware?” and “I missed the previous games, but my PS Vita is still at a lower firmware. How can I get TN-V without updating to the newest firmware?“.

Keep in mind that you can still get TN-V at your PS Vita, if the firmware at your device is 3.01 (or below). With the help of a second PS Vita, or a PS3 (recommended), it is pretty easy to get things to work.

You can transfer exploit titles to your lower firmware PS Vita (some specific games are blocked in some PSN Store regions, but there are still some viable choices, so nothing is lost, except for the bigger selection of said exploit titles) and then use the TN-V eCFW.

The only requirement that is important is that your firmware is low enough, everything else can be arranged (like changing the PSN Store region, changing the firmware (just updating, not downgrading), changing the exploit game, changing the current hack you are running (different versions of TN-V, the VHBL or even ARK (if you are running firmware 2.02 or below – otherwise just VHBL and/or TN-V))) and a lot more stuff.

Okay, since I wrote half a book about the hacking part, the previous firmwares, the most recent exploit game titles for the firmwares 3.01 and some stuff about TN-V, usermode exploits, the now fixed kernel mode exploit and a metric ton of other stuff, let’s now finally get to the new changes of the new PS Vita firmware, and if the firmware contains something special (like enhanced security measurements that are worth to mention, new core-features, new blocked things (like OpenCMA or the PS3 trick), et cetera, et cetera)...

New functions and features of the new PS Vita firmware 3.10: A lot of people might just wanted to check the news for a quick glance at the new features of the firmware 3.10, but then were kind of surprised by the text wall I wrote. I apologize for this, I just felt like it.

The new PS Vita Firmware 3.10 adds the following new functions to our beloved PlayStation Vita:

• You can now display up to 500 applications on the home screen.
    • A Calendar application has been added for PS Vita, allowing you to set up gaming events with your friends. Sync your Google calendar to have all your events with you on your PS Vita. You can also share your favorite events by using the Messages and Email applications.
    • A new “Manage Content on Memory Card” option has been added to the Content Manager application. You can now view the data on your memory card, making it easier than ever to manage content on your PS Vita. You can now view memory usage by content type, and delete content and applications.
    • You can now send and receive voice messages using the Messages application on PS Vita. Exchange voice messages with your friends and players on PS4 and PS Vita.
    • We have enhanced the parental control features. You will be able to restrict PS Store access, and with a children’s age guide for each level it is easier to find the right level for your children. We’ve also added an information guide for TrendMicro web security.
    • Adjust Daylight Saving Automatically has been added.
    • 30 minutes has been added in Enter Standby Mode Automatically.
    • DualShock 4 and PS Mobile support for Vita TV.

And of course ‘System stability has been improved’, aka. we fixed all your exploit games and the TN kernel exploit.

More PlayStation Vita News...
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'll be out any second now as I just got kicked out of an online game. I can connect again but cant get back in the game.

I'm only going to upgrade 1 of my Vitas as I think it will be a risk as after all those exploits they have to patch they will probably mess things up and have a possibility to brick Vitas.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I don't think something like that could happen just due to a custom psp module, it should be too much prepared

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    They've messed up with PS3 firmwares recently and that bricked consoles. As there was so many patches they had to fix there is a huge risk that one of their patches breaks something.

Wasn't it firmware 4.40 that bricked consoles? Thats how recent. They did have a few problems with PSP firmware too and Vita isnt without its problems but so far its not bricked but its been close.

This update also adds blutooth keyboard support, as well as DS4 support* (PS Vita TV).

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News