Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Sony Announces PS Vita 3.01 System Software Update, Details

Sponsored Links
    Following up on their previous PlayStation Vita Firmware update, today Sony has announced PS Vita 3.01 System Software Update which fixes some UserMode exploits as expected.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

To quote via wololo: Firmware 3.01 available - Some usermode exploits fixed, ... this little devil of a Firmware patched again some (at least 2) usermode exploits. This time two games were patched, one that wasn’t used at all, it just functioned as a hello world, and one game, that might got leaked some weeks ago. But what about our kernel mode relase and TN-V4? Well ...

It was confirmed that the kernel mode exploit and TN-V4 are still fully working at the new Firmware 3.01, even though we still have to check if really everything is working fine.

For those of you, that already known about the upcoming ninja release usermode exploit game, don’t worry! Our announced ninja release usermode exploit game is still working and starting TN-V4 with it is still possible. We were lucky!

It is still weird, those patched games I am talking about, at least one of these games was never mentioned anywhere, it wasn’t leaked and it did no harm to anyone. It was not capable of running a Vita Half Byte Loader nor capable to be used as a launcher for TN-V4, it was just usable for a simple Hello World. Well, gone is gone.

We can be lucky that both, TN-V4 and the (soon to be announced) ninja release usermode exploit game are still working. If you did not get the exploit game, you should better hurry, before Sony releases a Firmware 3.02 which could patch it (if you know which game you have to get).

Sony Announces PS Vita 3.01 System Software Update, Details

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Ummm, can someone clue me in as to which game I should be getting before its gets patched??

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hmm.. interesting

Did you find out?

I have been looking for the name of the game for a while, care to fill me in?

PS Vita FW 3.01 Exploit Games for TNV4 Announced

Today Wololo has announced the PS Vita FW 3.01 exploit PSP games for TNV4, namely Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Battle Arena2 (Best Collection) for Japan and 101-in-1 Megamix for Europe and North America with details below.

To quote (via wololo.net/2013/12/14/ps-vita-fw-3-01-exploit-game-for-tnv4-announced-and-5-chances-to-get-it-for-free/): PS Vita FW 3.01 Exploit Game for TNV4 announced (and 5 chances to get it for free!)

Buy one of the 2 games below on the PSN, install it on your Vita, and make sure it runs properly. Then sit back and wait, as soon as TotalNoob releases TN-V4, we’ll have download links for you!

Hmmm, so, I was supposed to type something funny in there, about how I am secretly working for Sony, and convinced several hackers to work with me. Then say we successfully got Sony to patch about 30 exploits in their last 2 firmwares, but that a mistake happened and some games are still exploitable.

But as I type this, it’s like 1am here, and my sense of humor has already gone to bed it seem. So I’ll keep it short:

Today we are announcing the name of an exploitable PSP game (actually 2 games, see below) that can be used to run TotalNoob’s TN-V4 on any Vita running firmware 3.01 or below.

As usual when we do such an announcement, we expect Sony to remove the game from the PSN store within hours of the announcement. So if you are interested in TN-V, grab the game now, not later today.

What is TN-V, and why do I need to buy a game for it?

TN-V is a PSP Custom firmware running within the PSP emulator of the Playstation Vita. Sounds complicated? To simplify, it lets you run PSP homebrews, PSP plugins, PSP isos on your Playstation Vita. In order to run, TN-V requires a hack, which is triggered through vulnerabilities in some official games. In order to be able to install and run TN-V on your 3.01 PS Vita, you will need to buy, download and install the game below. Although TN-V is free, the exploitable game costs money.

It goes without saying that we are not getting a dime on the money you pay for the game, so why do I need to give this precision? Well there’s a catch: TN-V has not been released yet, and I myself have never been given the opportunity to test it. So, you’re basically buying an exploitable psp game based on a promise I make in good faith, that trusted people have confirmed to me TN-V will run through this exploit. But really, this announce comes with no guarantee. That being said, it’s the 12th release or so we’ve made in a similar fashion over the past 18 months, so I’m confident.

Here we go

Moving on... There are actually 2 exploitable games announced today. One is for Japan, the other one is for other countries. Please note that recent information from some beta testers is that TN-V appears to be unstable on JP accounts, for some reason. I do not know how widespread the issue is, if it can be fixed, and if TN will fix it.

Here are the 2 exploitable games:
    • For JP: 家庭教師ヒットマンREBORN!バトルアリーナ2 スピリットバースト (Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Battle Arena2) (Best Collection)
    • For other countries: EU/US, etc… : 101-in-1 megamix

Those are both PSP games, not vita games!

Sadly for you guys in Australia / New Zealand, it seems none of the games above is available on the NZ or AU PSN. You have a choice to wait for a future release (although we don’t know at this point if there will be anything like that in ages), or to create a US PSN account and grab the game there (my personal recommendation).

So what’s next?

What you need to do now is buy one of the 2 games above on the PSN, download and install it on your Vita, then wait for TotalNoob to release his Custom Firmware. Although I would love to give you some sort of promise here, I want to emphasize once again that I do not have access to TN’s exploit and do not entirely know what his schedule is. So stay tuned for that.

Credits

Lots of people contributed to making the announce today a success. I’m sure this looks like a simple blog post to most people, and lots of the readers here probably don’t understand why it takes us so long to make such a simple announcement. You’d be amazed at the amount of logistics required to make sure everything goes smooth during the few weeks of a ninja release (members of our forums have been aware of these games for up to a few weeks already, this is our way of making sure our community does have enough time to purchase the exploitable game).

So I’d like to thank a few people here: TotalNoob of course for being the one guy in the PSP scene who still cares enough to share a Kernel exploit and an updated Custom Firmware with the PSP Scene. Xerpi and Patchouli who generously provided their exploits in 101-in-1 megamix and Katekyo Hitman respectively. Qwikrazor87 and 173210 who ported these exploits to a TN-V compatible loader. Mamosuke, Acid_snake and Hackinformer who have been helping a lot with coordinating a bunch of things, and of course the mods team at /talk who have been mitigating the early leaks for this announcement.

Ok, now stay tuned for TN’s release! Hopefully it will be out pretty soon.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

101-in-1-Megamix-PSP_cover-595x1024.jpg   hitman-1024x1024.jpg  

TN-V4 for PS Vita 3.01 (and Below) by Total_Noob is Now Available

Following up on the PS Vita Firmware 3.01 update and the PS Vita FW 3.01 TNV4 Exploit Games announcement, today Sony PlayStation Vita hacker Total_Noob returns with TN-V4 followed by TN-V6, TN-V7 and TN-V7.1 for PS Vita v3.01 followed by v5 and v6 with details below.

From wololo, to quote: The long wait is over! Almost one year after his latest release, Total_Noob is back with an eCFW for the PS Vita.

Total_Noob’s TN-V4 lets you run a variety of PSP Homebrews, plugins, and emulators on your PS Vita. It is compatible up to firmware 3.01 included (the latest PS Vita firmware at the time of this writing), and requires you to own one of the exploitable games that was revealed recently in our Ninja release.

Credits

Credits for the Hitman Reborn exploit in JP go to Patchouli with help from 173210.
    Credits for the 101-in-1 megamix exploit for EU/US go to Xerpi and Qwikrazor87.
    Credits for TN-V4 go to Total_Noob.

Additional thanks go to hackinformer, Acid_Snake, mamosuke, and the /talk mods, who have all contributed to this release.

How to download and install TN-V4

For now, the installation process is a bit rough, but I’m sure our community will have tutorials and more “user friendly” packages up in a few hours. In the meantime, please follow the instructions below:

Downloads
    • Download 660.PBP HERE. (choose the PSP 1000/2000/3000 version, *not* the PSP Go version). Depending on the download links, if the file you download is named EBOOT.PBP, rename it into 660.PBP
    • Download TN-V4′s binary files [Register or Login to view links].
    • Download the TN-V4 Loader for your game here. Choose the download that matches your game and region!

- [Register or Login to view links] - FW 3.01 and below
    • If you don’t have it already, download and install OpenCMA.

Preparation
    • Extract the savedata from the TN-V4 loader of your game on your hard drive, in your CMA’s PSAVEDATA/xxxxx folder (where xxxx are a bunch of letters and numbers).
    • Copy TN.BIN, FLASH0.TN, and 660.PBP in the game’s savedata folder (where you can find ‘H.BIN’)
    • Copy the game’s savedata to your Vita, using OpenCMA

Running TN-V4
    • Now run the exploit for the game (the trigger varies on the game. For 101-in-1 megamix, just loading the savedata should be enough) and TN-V should start.
    • On the first boot, the recovery menu will appear automatically.
    • Select ‘Advanced ->’ menu and then select ‘Install 6.60 files’ (this step is only needed if you’ve never used TN-V4 before).
    • Enjoy the install progress.
    • After the install is done, go back and exit the recovery menu.
    • Enjoy TN’s awesome work.

If the instructions above are not enough to get you started, head over to hackinformer.com for more details and files. You can also ask for help in the comments section below, or in the forums.

What to do next?

We’ll try to keep you up to date with more user friendly packages and tutorials, as I said above I’m sure they will come soon. Now get crazy and start downloading a few emulators and homebrews, we have a huge list here, and here

Please post feedback and issues below. This is a huge release with many files and many possible scenarios, so it is highly possible a few mistakes slipped in the release. If it doesn’t work for you right now, please report your problems as precisely as possible, and don’t lose your temper!

PS Vita: How to Install ISOs on FW 3.01 TN-V4 eCFW by lilmikey201

PS Vita: How to Install the FW 3.01 TN-V4 eCFW by The Zett

Psvita 3.01fw TNV4 by Hackinformer

How to transfer ISO/CSO Games to PS Vita [Using FTP and TN-V] by GodmanGen

Error C1-2858-3 System language to English US Bug Fix by cleomar

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

Finally, from Wilha93: For those having difficulty installing:

*Make sure you have OPEN CMA installed.

1. extract the correct Megamix.rar file or the KingOfPool.rar, whichever one you have based on your country provided by the links above.

2. put the extracted folder in the folder with random numbers that is inside the “PSAVEDATA” folder inside the “PS Vita” folder.

3. Copy TN.BIN and FLASH0.TN from the tnva file that you downloaded. Put both of those files inside the saved data folder, this is the folder that you put into PS Vita/PSAVEDATA, make sure that you put the TN.BIN and FLASH0.TN files inside the saved data folder where you will see ICON0.PNG AND PIC1.PNG

4. Now you rename the EBOOT.PBP file to 660.PBP and put that file in the same location where you put the TN.BIN and FLASH.TN files - if for example you are using the 101-in-1 Megamix (US version) , the location will be something similar to this: PS Vita\PSAVEDATA\47269000cf38502d\NPUH10088

5. Open the Content Manager on your PS Vita and select PC -> PS Vita under Copy Content, then Applications, then under Saved Data press PSP/Other and select either 101-in1 Megamix or King Of Pool, the press copy. After the transfer is done you can quit Content Manager on you PS Vita.

6. Open your game and it should automatically bring you to the Recovery Menu, where you then select Advanced, then Install 6.60 Files

7. After the installation is done go back on the Recovery Menu and exit. Voila the PSP Environment will then start.

Hope I could help. All of this is explained in the readme.txt inside tnv4.rar that you downloaded.

Update: Total_Noob releases the 5th revision of his TN-V eCFW!
    (via wololo.net/2013/12/21/total_noob-releases-the-5th-revision-of-his-tn-v-ecfw/)

Download: release_tnv5.rar

Even though Total_Noob just released TN-V4 and various fixes for his eCFW, he just released a 5th revision of his TN-V eCFW, which now adds some new neat features. Which features exactly? Well, how about we take a look at the fancy changelog.

The changelog of TN-V5
    • Added ‘Plugins installer’ to recovery menu (Plugins -> Plugins installer ->).
    • Added option to hide non-working items in XMB (these items will be hidden: Character Set, UMD Auto-Start, USB Auto Connect, Format Memory Stick, Power Save Settings, Network Settings and Remote Play).
    • Added option to hide the volume bar in the home menu.
    • Fixed bug that made some ISO’s showing as corrupt.
    • Fixed plugin loading crash.
    • Fixed autorun feature (also corrected its filename in recovery menu).
    • Fixed the sleep-timer in music player. It’s cool, because the Vita’s music player doesn’t have this feature.
    • Improved ‘Install Addon’ feature. Kxploit’ed homebrews, aka 1.50 homebrews can now be installed correctly.
    • ZIP’s which do not contain EBOOT.PBP don’t create corrupt icons anymore.
    • Improved system stability. Hopefully there are no issues with FTP app and no blue screen of death anymore.
    • Renamed ‘Hide CFW folders’ to ‘Allow anti-CFW games’. People who play DJMAX game should enable this.

Wow! This huge changelog surely looks fantastic! If you are already running TN-V4, just boot into the XMB, go to Settings -> System Update and then just update via network.

TN himself suggested that this is the best and easiest way to update, and you’ll be able to see the new fancy installer, which is a neat surprise.

How about a little showcase of what he added in his new TN-V5 eCFW?

Another nice thing I would like to tell you is, that, thanks to Qwikrazor, there are now exploit savedata files for nearly every game from our exploit game chart, with the exception of:
    • Everybody’s Tennis
    • Monster Hunter Freedom 2
    • Monster Hunter Portable 2ndG
    • Monster Hunter Portable 3rd

PS Vita Exploit game chart

If you need any help with triggering the exploits, feel free to watch this compilation/playlist of youtube videos that Ive made for you guys, which exactly shows how to boot TN-V with said game at said firmware.

Nearly every released PS Vita usermode exploit is showcased, so enjoy this compilation of videos.

Update #2: I haven't taken a rest - on the contrary, I have worked hard on a new update for you guys!

Download: release_tnv6.rar

This update brings you many pretty features, many bug fixes and also, now you have got a 'Plugin installer' included in the recovery menu! In the package, there are some plugins as examples. Also, check this thread for homebrews and plugins: wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=17071

Further, small revisions won't have such a big interval... in example TN-V6.1

The pretty new changelog of TN-V6:
    • Added 'Plugins remover' to recovery menu (This does only remove the path line in 'vsh.txt', 'game.txt' or 'pops.txt').
    • Fixed the blue screen of death / setup reset, finally.
    • Fixed sleep-timer in music player, again.
    • Fixed 'Tekken 6' game and probably some other games.
    • Removed 'Use TN network update' from recovery menu. This option is now always enabled.

Also, you can grap TN-V6 directly from your XMB! Just go to 'Network update' - in TN-V, not in PS Vita livearea (also, you can just create a random SSID when you are asked to connect to a WLAN). READ README.TXT!!

Otherwise... download it here, but I suggest you to download it from XMB, as you'll see a pretty updater using VLF by Dark_AleX!

Have fun! Total_Noob

Update #3: TN-V6 for the Ben 10 AFVA exploit (PS Vita 3.01) (via wololo.net/2013/12/23/release-tn-v6-for-the-ben-10-afva-exploit-ps-vita-3-01/)

If you’ve been lucky enough to grab the Ben 10 exploit last week while the ninja release was ongoing (the game got pulled from the PSN store before we could make a public announce), the long wait for you is over. Enjoy this release and TN-V6.

Credits

Credits go to Kankertje for the Ben 10 exploit, to Qwikrazor87 for porting the exploit into a TNV Loader, and of course to Total_Noob for TN-V6.

How to download and install TN-V4

To download and install TNV6 on your PS Vita, please follow the instructions below:

Downloads
    • Download 660.PBP (linked above - choose the PSP 1000/2000/3000 version, *not* the PSP Go version). Depending on the download links, if the file you download is named EBOOT.PBP, rename it into 660.PBP
    • Download TN-V6's binary files (linked above)
    • Download the TN-V6 Loader for your game (linked above). Choose the download that matches your game and region!
    • If you don’t have it already, download and install OpenCMA (linked above).

Preparation
    • Extract the savedata from the TN-V4 loader of your game on your hard drive, in your CMA’s PSAVEDATA/xxxxx folder (where xxxx are a bunch of letters and numbers).
    • Copy TN.BIN, FLASH0.TN, and 660.PBP in the game’s savedata folder (where you can find ‘H.BIN’)
    • Copy the game’s savedata to your Vita, using OpenCMA

Running TN-V4
    • Now run the exploit for the game (the trigger varies on the game) and TN-V should start.
    • On the first boot, the recovery menu will appear automatically.
    • Select ‘Advanced ->’ menu and then select ‘Install 6.60 files’ (this step is only needed if you’ve never used TN-V4 before).
    • Enjoy the install progress.
    • After the install is done, go back and exit the recovery menu.
    • Enjoy TN’s awesome work.

What to do next?

Now get crazy and start downloading a few emulators and homebrews.

There have been many releases, patches, etc... of TN-V and its loaders over the past few days. If you’re having problems with your specific exploit, please ask around on our forums, it is possible a more recent of TN-V, or of the loader, is available for your specific game.

Please report success/issues with the Ben 10 exploit in the comments below!

Update #4: Total_Noob has released more updates (via wololo.net/2013/12/28/unstoppable-total_noob-releases-7th-version-of-his-tn-v-ecfw/) to his eCFW for the PS Vita, featuring a NoDRM engine, improved DLC compatibility and more!

Yet again, Total_Noob has released more updates to his neat eCFW for the PS Vita. TN-V 7.1 features a NoDRM Engine, improved DLC compatibility, and many more additions and bug fixes. Sadly, it looks like this one will probably be his last update.

Download: release_tnv71.rar

Here's the full changelog: This week is a coding week for me That's why I brought so many updates to you. But this one is probably the last update. Further I have really no time anymore. Also, I won't go through the forum to read the bugs and problems anymore. So if you guys want to let me know the bugs, please make a list of them.

While my colleague Acid_Snake is showing you 7 Days of Metal Gear, I am presenting you 7 Days of TN-V, in which we’ve reached the 7th revision of Total_Noobs TN-V eCFW.

After the promised TN-V4 kernel mode release, Total_Noob brought us even more revisions of his PS Vita eCFW, which now reached the status of TN-V7. In TN-V7 he fixed various bugs and added another few awesome features, that every user of TN-V should really appreciate.

Changelog of TN-V7:
    • Added NoDRM engine. This allows you to play DLC's and more. Valkyria Chronicles 3 E2 English Patch is now also supported. (thanks to hrimfaxi for the idea (this one is written by me)).
    • Added 'PLUGINS MANAGER' to VSH Menu. Now you can manage your plugins directly from VSH.
    • Added 'Restore 'QSP' folder' to recovery menu (Advanced ->).
    • Added support for homebrews without DISC_ID in their PARAM.SFO. This fixes for example RIN emulator.
    • Added check whether you have installed 6.60 files yet. If not, the recovery menu will boot automatically.
    • Fixed loading of static ELF. An other factor that makes RIN emulator and more homebrews working.
    • Fixed bug where kxploit'ed/1.50 homebrews were not hidden when 'Hide exploit game' was enabled.
    • Increased ISO limit from 32 to 128 games.
    • Improved system stability. The 'QSP' bug shouldn't appear anymore.
    • Removed 'Allow anti-CFW games' from recovery menu, because it is only used for 'DJ MAX Portable 3'. However, this game works now flawlessly without this option.
    • The updater does not reset TN-V configurations anymore.

Changelog of TN-V7.1:
    • Added possibility to hide DLC's in game menu.
    • Fixed black screen with some games when using the NoDRM engine.
    • Improved DLC compatibility.
    • Removed 'Use VSH Menu' from recovery menu.

Total_Noob once again delivered a giant new changelog, with a lot of necessary fixes, some new features and even more improvements for his PS Vita TN-V eCFW.

What is your new favorite feature of TN-V7? Be sure to let us know in the comment section below. TN-V7 is now officially supported by every (PS Vita) Exploit game. TN wasn’t the only one who was working on some code. Thanks to various people (qwikrazor, KanadeEngel and others) there are now available files for every released PS Vita exploit game.

Everyone who owns a working VHBL or eCFW at their PS Vita is now able to run TN-V7, if they are using the provided exploit savedata files. The only game that got no files for any of the various TN-V eCFW revisions is the first PS Vita exploit game, Everybody’s Tennis. We think that no one uses the exploit anymore, and that’s the reason that no one bothered to create files for it.

Every other exploit game has its files and is ready to go for using TN-V. Here’s once again the list of every released PS Vita exploit game so far, and if you need the advice, then refer to this YouTube Playlist, which shows for every exploit game how to launch it properly.

Update #5: Total_Noobs SaveStates Plugin for TN-V coming soon!

To quote (via wololo.net/2014/01/22/total_noobs-savestates-plugin-for-tn-v-coming-soon/):

Don’t we all hate that we have to reach a specific point in a game, so we are able to save? Wouldn’t it be easier if we could save when ever we want, where ever we want? Would you like to get a second chance without replaying the last 10 minutes?

Don’t worry, because TN’s SaveState Plugin for his TN-V eCFW can help you with these problem!

SaveStates – Saving when ever you want, where ever you want!

Total_Noobs newest plugin, TN SaveStates, allows you to save a game when ever you want, where ever you want! You can access the TN SaveStates menu from within any PSP game within the TN-V eCFW and you can save your game at the exact moment you want to.

Currently in the loading screen right before an important race? Just save. Is it your turn in a sports game and you dont want to mess up? Just save. You have a 50:50 chance at winning or failing a game? Just save.

Total_Noob ported the well known SaveStates plugin from the PSP to the PS Vita (ePSP), and also enhances it! Now you can’t only save and load your savestates how you want, but it seems also to be possible to swap between multiple games via saving/loading the savestates. This is a great feature!

Enough good news? I don’t think so. Where the old savestates failed, at the PSP 1000 devices – you know, those limited to 32MB RAM – can TNs SaveStates plugin succeed.

Total_Noobs SaveState plugin seems to be compatible with the non-64MB RAM TN-V eCFWs, which means it will be possible to use it, regardless of your PS Vita firmware (a working version of the TN-V7 eCFW is necessary!).

Be sure to check Hackinformers video at the top of the news and be patient for the official release of Total_Noobs SaveStates Plugin for his TN-V eCFW!

From HackInformer: TN savestate plugin is working great on most homebrew: pbs.twimg.com/media/BetQxkuCIAAAAGu.jpg

Finally, from Mathew_Wi (via wololo.net/2014/01/25/heads-up-new-incoming-ninja-release-for-tn-v-on-vita-3-01/) comes news of another new incoming Ninja release for TN-V on Vita 3.01, as follows:

Despite releasing no less than 4 exploits last month, we’re seeing a growing number of people asking for a new exploit release in order to run Total_Noob’s TN-V on the Vita 3.01. Dev Mathew_Wi on our /talk forums was kind enough to share with me details on an exploited game he is willing to release in order to bring TN-V to even more users.

That’s right. If somehow you missed the 4 previous announcements, or if you got your Vita for Christmas recently and just found out about the TN-V CFW, or if you lost the previous exploits by mistake, this release is for you.

Let me get the cat out of the bag and say that this is not the “perfect” release, there are a few issues (in particular, the game is not available in all locales, I strongly advise people to create an account on the US PSN, and if you need to be convinced read here how PSN Games in other locales are 50% more expensive), but it should be considered as the final chance for people who still do not have TN-V and want it (Sony will eventually release a patch in their new firmware, to block TN-V).

For those who still don’t know, TN-V is basically a PSP Custom Firmware running on your PS Vita. It does give you access to pretty much everything you would find on a PSP running a Custom firmware: plugin support, homebrew support, PSP ISO support, a wide variety of emulators (GBA, SNES, N64, Megadrive, ...).

The Vita’s OLED screen enhances the experience you could have on a PSP, even when you emulate old school consoles. TN-V does not let you play Vita games backups, this is a Custom Firmware running withing the PSP emulator of the PlayStation Vita. Total_Noob even ported the entire PSP XMB inside TN-V, so in essence it is exactly as if you carried both your Vita AND a hacked PSP (but with a much better screen) within the same device.

TN-V requires to run through an exploit within a PSP game, that must be purchased from the PSN. When Sony are made aware of the name of the game, they remove it from their store within hours, to prevent people from accessing the exploit. For this reason, we are secretly revealing the name of the game to our community. This is why we cannot be precise about the date this will be announced, or the price of the game, or anything that could give more information than is necessary. Just know that this will be happening.

Sony will probably be releasing a new firmware for the Vita soon. We expect that new firmware to block the kernel exploit behind TN-V, technically blocking TN-V itself. People on firmwares above 3.01 will most likely not be able to run TN-V. Therefore if you are waiting for this exploit, but Sony ends up releasing a new firmware before we announce the exploit, it is strongly recommended that you stay on firmware 3.01. There are ways to access the PSN from a lower firmware, and this is what you might end up having to do in that scenario.

VitaExploitChart.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

just updated looks like games are gone already

HAHA glad i looked at pics and read again, just got KING OF POOL GUYS $2.99 (71) MB gonna try it out now woohoo

Ok guess I have to merge posts sorry but Im searching everywhere and either get a 404 google error page, or just different language files, can anyone point me to the files needed to run the king of pool exploit please, wow tables have turned im usually the one helping lol, now im asking for help thanks guys

emu-vita.jpg   BetQxkuCIAAAAGu.jpg  
    Last edited by babyjoe00069; 12-22-2013 at 10:09 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

if you cant buy any of the games can any of these hacks still be done or do you have to wait till one of the games is available in the store again?

Video: Total_Noob Releases PS Vita TN SaveState Plugin v1 for TN-V

Following up on the previous updates, today Sony PS Vita hacker Total_Noob has released TN SaveState Plugin v1 for TN-V eCFW with a demo video and details below.

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

To quote: Introduction

Imagine you're playing a difficult level where you need so much time to go through, but you always fail at the end against the big boss.

This shouldn't be annoying anymore, as with this plugin you can save and load states WHENEVER, WHEREVER you want. You can ehm call it... ehm kinda cheating, but this plugin can also be used for other purposes! In example to make checkpoints in 'Lego' games: I totally like them, but it is kinda annoying that you can only save your data after a LONG play time of a level.

The PSP/PS Vita is intended for short gaming sessions and this is possible! WITH THIS PLUGIN! Now you can fastly switch from game to game, WITH THIS PLUGIN!

It is definitely an ultimate addon to the Custom Emulator Firmware 6.60 TN-V. Also, it is compatible in XMB, PSP GAMES, PS1 GAMES, HOMEBREWS...

Instructions

Custom Emulator Firmware 6.60 TN-V has got a built-in plugin installer. This makes plugin installation as easily as never before:
    • Copy 'P_SVST.ZIP' to the savedata folder where you usually put your ISOs, homebrews or plugins to. Transfer the savedata to the PS Vita using CMA.
    • Boot up the exploit and keep the R trigger pressing while the screen turns from white to green. Now you should be in the recovery menu.
    • Select 'Plugins ->', then 'Plugins installer ->' and install the archive 'P_SVST.ZIP'.

SaveStates

IMPORTANT! The author will not be responsible of any kind of data loss.
    To bring up the 'TN SaveState Plugin' menu, hold the START button for one second. You can choose your savestate by using the dialog pad:
    • UP/DOWN: Move through slots, up to 10 slots.
    • LEFT/RIGHT: Move through different games.

To save/load a state press R respectively L. Then it is important that you go to the livearea (by pressing the blue PlayStation button) and return back to complete the procedure. This can take some seconds, as the savestate is a 31MB RAM dump compressed (expected compressed size: 3-20MB).

For FW's below 2.10, the procedure takes some more seconds. After the completion, the (new) game will be resumed automatically.

The savestates are located at /PSP/SAVESTATE/.

Issues

If there are games which have problems or are not compatible with this plugin, please report them. Those bugs are already known and couldn't be fixed yet:
    • Savestates of XMB are not stable at the moment, so don't use them. However loading states from XMB should work fine.
    • Some savestates have got sound issues when they are loaded from XMB or from an other game, so better launch the game first and then load its savestate.

To developers

If you are interested in working on/improving/extending this plugin, feel free to contact me.

Credits

Thanks to Dark_AleX for 'pspstates experiment'. This plugin is inspired of of. However the whole plugin itself was written by me alone.
    Thanks to maxem for the libmenu.
    Thanks to takka for utf8-sjis conversion.
    Thanks to hackinformer for betatesting and all his great support.
    Thanks to abdou005 for betatesting.

Have fun,
    TN

Video: Total_Noob Releases PS Vita TN SaveState Plugin v1 for TN-V

FIFA 11 Exploit Released for PS Vita Firmware 3.01, Leak Details

Following up on the previous updates, today hgoel0974 shared news of yet another PS Vita Firmware 3.01 exploit using FIFA 11 alongside another leak with details below.

To quote: Ok guys, you might want to hurry up and grab the game as Mathew_Wi has decided to release the exploit now as the game seems to have been leaked. This is quite disappointing actually because this is the second leak for this kernel exploit.

So, the game is Fifa 11 and it is available on the US and JP stores. Although Mathew hasn’t described where the leak happened, I’d like to send out a message to the leaker saying that he hasn’t helped anyone by leaking and instead he has not only ruined many of our plans (like my sleep ) but has also ruined it for all the people who were going through the ninja release the right way.

I’d like to point you and everyone else to the “Regarding ninja releases” thread just to remind you about how a ninja release works. Anyone who has ever wondered why we do ninja releases, it’s because leaks like this just ruin it for everyone.

On to the release, Mathew_Wi posted here on the forums about how annoyed he was with the leak and thus released his exploit.

"Since some genius decided to leak the exploit, and wololo isn’t online right now, I am releasing this now. Sorry for breaking rules, but hey some dickhead leaked it and it will likely disappear. I’m doing this because I’d rather not punish the people who were waiting because of some asshat."

Qwikrazor quickly () responded by releasing the TN-V loaders for the exploit. The loaders can be downloaded from the link below.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

Note that the loaders have not been tested yet.

This is most likely your last chance to get eCFW on your Vita before the next firmware update is released which will almost definitely patch the kernel exploit required to run eCFW.

Leaks like this are totally unfair towards everyone who waits for them, towards the dev responsible for the exploit and towards the scene as a whole, We’ve already seen how much leaks can damage the scene as with the coldbird incident.

Leaking an exploit does not make you helpful to people who aren’t members of the /talk forums, it makes you an ignorant person who has no respect for another’s hard work and precious time. If you were looking for attention, look at what you’ve gotten, no one will even know your name.

Act quick as I'm sure the game won't be up much longer.

FIFA 11 Exploit Released for PS Vita Firmware 3.01, Leak Details

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast