Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sony Announces New PSP E-1000 Handheld at Gamescom 2011

Sponsored Links
    Not to be confused with the upcoming PS Vita, today SCEE's James Gallagher has announced news at Gamescom of a new PSP E-1000 handheld console.

To quote: While most attendees to the SCEE press conference at [Register or Login to view links] will have anticipated some announcements around PlayStation Vita, our upcoming next generation portable, few would have predicted the unveil of the brand new PSP E-1000.

Value for money is the goal with this new model that will retail at just €99.99 (RRP), accompanied by an exciting range of PSP Essentials titles that will retail at only €9.99 (RRP) and will include Invizimals: The Lost Tribe, EyePet Adventures, FIFA 12 and many more.

While PSP E-1000 does not include Wi-Fi, it will still provides access to the full catalogue of PSP games either on UMD or from PlayStation Store via Media Go. The design is also slightly different, with a Charcoal Black finish - the same as on the slimmer PS3 model - to give more of a matte feel.

PSP E-1000 will be available across PAL. But that's not all that was announced at the SCEE gamescom press conference - be sure to read our posts on the PS3 price cut and announcements and the new social applications and games coming to PlayStation Vita.

You can also [Register or Login to view links] right here until 6pm BST / 7pm CET on Wednesday.

Specifications for PSP-E1000 series - Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.

LCD screen: 4.3 inches / 10.9 cm (16:9) full-transparent type, TFT drive. Approximately 16,770,000 colours displayed.

Sound: Monaural speaker.

Internal disc drive: Read-only Universal Media Disc drive.

Interface: DC IN 5V connector. Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0 compliant). DC OUT connector. Headset connector. Memory Stick PRO DuoTM slot.

Power source: AC Adaptor: DC 5.0 V. Lithium-Ion rechargeable Battery Pack.

Maximum power consumption: Approx. 6 W (when charging).

External dimensions: Approx. 172.4 x 73.4 x 21.6 mm (width x height x depth) (excludes largest projection).

Weight: Approx. 223 g (including Battery Pack).

Operating environment: temperature 5C - 35C.

Compatible codecs: Universal Media Disc Video: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Main Profile Level 3. Music: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Main Profile Level 3, Linear PCM, ATRAC3plusTM Memory StickTM For details, refer to the User's Guide.

Universal Media Disc laser

Wave length: 655 - 665 nm.

Power: Max. 0.28 mW.

Type: Semiconductor, continuous.

AC Adaptor

Input: AC 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz.

Output: DC 5 V, Max. 1500 mA.

External dimensions: Approx. 61 x 23 x 84 mm (width x height x depth) (excludes largest projection).

Weight: Approx. 62 g.

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

pspe1000817.jpg  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    LOL, just stop with the PSP already Sony.

It's dead.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Agreed... amazing they still keep bringing out new models indeed.

No Wi-Fi on this model! LOL! What a joke... It doesn't even make sense to bring out a new model that's less capable than all its previous ones. Just bring out the PS Vita already!

I think Sony is just trying to get rid of its huge pile of PSP spare parts. So the engineers at Sony cleverly repacked the whole thing and branded it as a new model in the PSP series. Wish you better luck with the gullible buyers, Sony!

The back of it reminds me of a PSP Go. I'm fine with the earlier PS3 models.

there going to milk the platform for all its worth, even if it means screwing over customers.

Older PSP's are more worth it until this "new classic model" is exploited... I like older PSP's better...

I think sharks hit the nail on the head!!

What could possibly motivate anyone to buy this? I will admit that this does look beautiful, but with the Vita around the corner and the existing more functional PSP's around, there is no point to purchase this model!

I think its great for younger gamers that don't really need any wifi and are perhaps a little young to be trusted with a much more expensive and fragile ps vita. I've owend several different psp and have always found them to be underated in terms of all round functionality, but for adults the games are a bit on the weak side.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News