Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Sony to Add Code Making PSP Games Unhackable for 60 Days

Sponsored Links
    Today Gamasutra.com (linked above) have posted an extensive interview with Sony Computer Entertainment of America's Rob Dyer, who stated that SCEA is working on implementing code to make new PSP games unhackable for up to 60 days from release.

This news comes just months after Sony's recent effort to combat PlayStation Portable piracy through online registration requirements.

To quote: "A lot of the stuff that will be announced at E3 we're very excited about, because they are huge titles. And we also believe that there's a way that you will be able to, not stop, but slow down the piracy in the first 30 to 60 days from a tech perspective.

There's some code that you can embed that we've been helping developers implement in order to get people at least to see a 60-day shelf life before it gets hacked and it shows up on BitTorrent.

That's been the biggest problem, no question about it. It's become a very difficult proposition to be profitable, given the piracy right now. And the fact that the category shrunk inside of retail."

Sony to Add Code Making PSP Games Unhackable for 60 Days

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is pretty cool! I'm all for this.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    why didn't they do this in the first place?? I mean, they knew pirating the psp games will happen, just look at the history (psx ps2).

sounds more like a challenge..

Its always been a cat & mouse game between sony & hackers in psp scene.

Sony makes it, hackers will break it.

this is like when kids dare each other, i give this "protection" a week before its broken or people figure out how to get around it

i smell a challenge. i mean if it wasn't big they want be bragging about it ?

it would be epicly awesome if this 'unhackable for 60 days' code was broken within days... go team!

Big Grin

60 days? is more like 60 hours no?

as far as I remember, even new Ubisoft DRM (AC2, SH5) didn't last that long, I mean, 60 days!

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News