Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scummvm-PSP

Sponsored Links

Big Grin Scummvm-psp

Sponsored Links
    Thomas Mayer, along with Joost Peters and Paolo Costabel, I bow my head to you!

This is great stuff! Was a bit miffed earlier when the alpha refused to run on my 1.5 US PSP, but the beta release works perfectly! I get some slight hiccups every now and then in Sam & Max, but I trust you will work on this later and get a release that is all smooth!

I'm trying to find out where my DOTT and Full Throttle discs has gone off to so I can test it with that. Will post back later with my findings.

It's fun to be geek! Who else would be excited about ten to fifteen year old games running on newly released hardware?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I can confirm that DOTT works, but I can't check Full Throttle since it's about 10 megs too big to fit my 512MB memstick.

Anywho, this is a lovely piece of software!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Looks fantastic (been waiting for a PSP version of this!) However....

My DOTT keeps failing, havn't tried anything else yet, but dott starts up, playing music etc and after about 5 secs i see the debug error screen (interestingly if i hit a button to skip the first part of the intro, it skips ok but then fails again (after total run time of about 5 secs!).

I would post the debug stuff, but there is a lot of info!
    so heres a little bit of it only:
    Exception details:
    Exception = bus error(data)
    EPC - 08ABE288
    Cause - 0000001C
    Status - 20008603
    BadVAddr - 00000000
    then lots more info zr,at,v0,v1 etc etc

Any ideas?

FYI: I'm on JAP V1.5 and it happens with both originally named folders and when i've hidden the currupted folders.

It's fun to be geek! Who else would be excited about ten to fifteen year old games running on newly released hardware?
    That's me, geek all over!

PSPSwampy

I have now tried SAM&MAX and LOOM too.
    I can confirm that LOOM works perfectly, however with sam&max this also fails (same as DOTT does).

I've decided its because DOTT & SAM&MAX versions i've installed are TALKIES (with MONSTER.SO3 files) - I can only assume that games that are talkies don't work - can anyone else confirm this?
    Weirdly though, the music (which i beleive is also in the so3 files) does play on both games, but they both crash after between 5 & 10 secs.

Oh and INDY doesn't work either (another talkie) it doesn't even start up!
    (indiana jones and the fate of atlantis - that is!)

BTW remember to set your defaults
    fullscreen mode and music driver to adlib for most ingame music, you can also have a general save area or individual save area.

try setting the audio options, default does not produce sound in BASS after playing around fm or adlib works.

WAhooO!!! Indy 4 and MI 1/2 work fully perfect with sound and clean gfx!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PSPSwampy
    I've decided its because DOTT & SAM&MAX versions i've installed are TALKIES (with MONSTER.SO3 files) - I can only assume that games that are talkies don't work - can anyone else confirm this?
    Sam & Max and DOTT works perfectly here, and they're both talkies. However, I think the crashing is because of the file format. In my version the sound files are *.SOU (DOTT one is 262.662KB according to Windows Explorer) but you state SO3. That leads me to believe that you have the version where the sound is compressed to OGG.

So try to find the non-OGG version.

no-go, here

for me, only the BASS-only scumm works. When I try to start beta, the screen goes black, then i get the 80020001 error. anyone else encounter this? I'd really like to play DOTT...

New release now with the sound fix and save game bugs fixed.

Kahn: run it through KXploit if you're on 1.50 firmware.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News