Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scummvm-PSP

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by BritBloke
    Baggins, could you let me know what size you get Full Throttle down to. I'd really love to play this on my PSP!
    Got Full Throttle down to 261 MB (274,632,698 bytes) but if you set the sound parameter on the .SAN files to 24kbps you can get it down another meg or two.

This is with MONSTER.SOU compressed to 24kbps ABR, MPEG quality 1 so I have a MONSTER.SO3-file now of 16.5MB, and the speech is perfectly good on the PSP. (I use KOSS PortaPros with my PSP, but it's tested with the standard plugs that followed, and it's good with them too)

So if you have a 512MB memstick you can play Full Throttle on the PSP, just like I'm diong now.

Sponsored Links

Big Grin yeeaap.

Sponsored Links
    a few minutes after my last post i got it working, of course by using kxploit... sometimes i take installation instructions to the tee (and they sometimes don't hold your hand)..

anyway i now have DOTT, BASS, and Loom all running. Loom is pretty cool because it has the whole cd soundtrack playing from an mp3 file. pretty nifty.

too bad rex nebular isn't scumm or isn't compatible. i wonder, since other non-scumms work, could someone get rex or space quest to work?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    How cool is this:
    I got Monkey Island 3 (The Curse of Monkey Island) down to 435MB (456,282,112 bytes) looks sooooo sweet on my PSP

Compressed all the .SAN files using "Compress_SAN.EXE" - this comes with SCUMMVMQuickandEasy - see previous posts for links, or just google!.
    (default settings - could compress more i guess but i've got 1gb so didn't bother!)

Compressed all the .BUN files using "Compress_Scumm_BUN.EXE", same as above but for BUNS! (Mmmm i like buns!)

I love SCUMM

Also made a nice homebrew .pbp laucher for this with a nice pic of scumm games and an .at3 sound clip compiled from the intro to "the secret of monkey island" - sweet.

PSP - the best handheld availible - PERIOD!

Best money i ever spent!

PSPSwampy.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Ok, sorry to double post, but... Any chance we could get save game/load game implimented, oh and a keyboard (select key?) - (or am i being stupid and have missed it somewhere?)

Also... Any chance we can disable the PSP's screen dim function (annoying when watching intros or cutscenes)?

cheers.
    PSPSwampy
    (please consider these requests with a HUGE THANKYOU for the main program!)

PSPSwampy: The latest BETA2-release has the select key working as "0", and to save/load, just press R on the PSP to bring up the menu.

You got COTI running perfectly? How? When I tried running it I got screwed display... What SCUMMVM settings are you using for it, could be mine are a bit off.

Baggins: yeah tried using R + save game, with 00 from using select, but no joy with save ("xxx.s01 save state failure" type message)

Sorry my post was slightly misleading (was typing it up then got distracted and forgot to edit it again - i got Curse to work "ok", looks sweet, but screen = 4 copies of top left of the real screen - sorry to get your hopes up! (its a 640X480 thing - i was reading up about it earlier - I think they're trying to impliment a correction to screen res for the next release/final) sorry dude, didn't mean it worked perfectly, just that it worked and what i can see of it looks sweet!

anyways, gotta go to sleep now - will try more tomorrow (you never know there may be another update - here's hopeing!)

PSPSwampy.

Quote Originally Posted by PSPSwampy
    Baggins: yeah tried using R + save game, with 00 from using select, but no joy with save ("xxx.s01 save state failure" type message)
    Aha! Have no fears, for I know what to do!

Easy method #1: Create a SAVE-folder in your SCUMMVM-folder on the PSP. For me it looks like PSP\GAME\SCUMMVM\SAVE

Easy method #2: Go into the options in SCUMMVM before you launch any game and set save path there.

And I know that the COMI-issue will be fixed in the next release.

Congrats to the people responsible for making SCUMMVM and the PSP port.. The genre of games that uses scumm is my fav genre hands down. Too bad about the cancellation of Sam and Max 2 + Full throttle 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggins
    Aha! Have no fears, for I know what to do!

Easy method #1: Create a SAVE-folder in your SCUMMVM-folder on the PSP. For me it looks like PSP\GAME\SCUMMVM\SAVE

Easy method #2: Go into the options in SCUMMVM before you launch any game and set save path there.
    Done both previously - doesn't work.
    (I even put a SAVE folder for SCUMM elsewhere on the PSP and that doesn't work either.)

unless you mean the saved config settings don't actually save the save path and you have to do it everytime?

Any other ideas?

RE Saves....

I've just been testing a bit and it looks like this beta version does not allow you to enter a custom save path - it MUST be: "ms0:/PSP/GAME/SCUMMVM/SAVE" (Hardcoded)

It works ok for me when i create this path, however i've customised my PSP and am hiding ALL folders (yes even PSPRICK and DOOM) - i hadn't reliased that the custom path setting wasn't implimented for scummvmPSP hence my problems.

I have however come up with a (short term, i'm sure a final realease must be coming soon!) fix...

MY save games (which now WORK correctly) are located here: "ms0:/HIDDEN/SCUMM VM SAVES" - notice the length of this and the original allowed location (26 characters in total).
    I have acheived this easily by manually amending the ScummVM Eboot.pbp (the real eboot, not the loader) using a hex editor. (For those that are interested and have hex experience, the offset is 0x00226128 for the m - Don't change it for a longer string though because it hangs on boot if you do)

My saves now work perfectly and i don't get an annoying "Corrupted data" folder in my game list

PSPSwampy

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News