Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scummvm-PSP

Sponsored Links

Zak McKracken 256 Towns engine

Sponsored Links
    Zak 256 - towns engine with MP3 sounds - works 99% perfect, only issue is that pointer seems to be 15-20 pixels under what's really selected.

-TJ

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sweeet Beta2 works fine for me (all sound now working!)

This is one of THE coolest homebrew apps yet! Me, i'm sooo happy - i love old lucasarts games

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sam n Max Talkie is working great for me on beta2.

I managed to get the complete talkie version down to 65.8MB!! Happy happy joy joy!

On my 512MB stick I have a Genesis emu with roms, SNES emu with roms, Dead To Rights, Rengoku, Puzzle Bobble...I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by thejoker
    Zak 256 - towns engine with MP3 sounds - works 99% perfect, only issue is that pointer seems to be 15-20 pixels under what's really selected.
    Poke around the display settings until you get it in normal aspect mode.

You'll get a black bar on each side, but its not much and makes the cursor more accurate.

now does this only work for Lucas Arts point and click games? because when i tried to get it to recognize sierra games like space quest it could not

Quote Originally Posted by rock122
    now does this only work for Lucas Arts point and click games? because when i tried to get it to recognize sierra games like space quest it could not
    Yes, this will only work with games that are created using the SCUMM system that was created my Lucas Arts.

[Register or Login to view links] of the games that are compatible with SCUMMVM.

Quote Originally Posted by BritBloke
    Sam n Max Talkie is working great for me on beta2.

I managed to get the complete talkie version down to 65.8MB!! Happy happy joy joy!

On my 512MB stick I have a Genesis emu with roms, SNES emu with roms, Dead To Rights, Rengoku, Puzzle Bobble...I love it!
    On that note, I'd like to recommend [Register or Login to view links] Download that for ease of compression, and get the latest daily build from scummvm.org. Place SCUMMVMQ+E in the same folder as the latest build and run the program.

Click the system icon (top left) and choose "additional tools". You'll be prompted to download some missing files, so just click "ok". From there it's an easy GUI to compress your games down to a memory-stick friendly size.

Have fun!

I see I spoke a bit too soon...

That GUI only applies for .SOU-files. I'm currently working on compressing Full Throttle and it's a bit of a job since the tools don't support batch encoding yet, but I'm getting there. I have Full Throttle working now after I compressed the .SOU-file from it, but I haven't yet started compressing the included .SAN files. I'm sure I can get it down a lot in size, but still have it playable.

I have also compressed the entire Curse of Monkey Island, but it seems that this has some problems playing on the PSP. I blame it on the 640x480 display setting. This means it runs, but I get a display that's divided into four rectangles, each showing the top-left of the actual display. I may be asking for a lot here, but is it possible to implement a downsize-function for this game? It's also running a bit slow from what little I can gather by looking at the display in it's current state, but it's not so slow as to be unplayable.

Anyway, I think I have the hang of it now, so if anyone want help with compressing files to fit better on a memstick, post in this thread and I'll answer as best I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggins
    Anyway, I think I have the hang of it now, so if anyone want help with compressing files to fit better on a memstick, post in this thread and I'll answer as best I can.
    Baggins, could you let me know what size you get Full Throttle down to. I'd really love to play this on my PSP!

zak256 and DOTT

Gonna try the zak256 part later, but last night I finished DOTT cd version without any problems whatsoever. nice going, it was REALLY enjoyable.

-tj

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News