Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Eek Is this rumor true?

Some guy told me today that some companies were *thinking* about putting region coding onto their games, which sucks. He did stress it was only a rumor though. Anyone know if its true or not?

False. $ony announced there will be none for games, as the idea is to be able to travel with the PSP and therefore play games around the world on it. The reason movies are still region-coded is because it goes beyond the PSP, to the companies who make them and they wish to keep the region coding in-tact... at least until modified firmware surfaces to bypass the UMD movie region coding anyway.

so i can get some PSP games from japan and play them on mine? even tho i have a us1.5 version sorry for the noob question!

Correct... you can play any region PSP games on your USA v1.50 PSP as the games themselves aren't region-coded.

so wait, i just thought of something... will the korean web browser work for our psps cuz im sure u can get it on ebay. im guessing yes but since the firmware is different im not positive.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterQ
    so wait, i just thought of something... will the korean web browser work for our psps cuz im sure u can get it on ebay. im guessing yes but since the firmware is different im not positive.
    uhum that's intresting but i don't think it can be done cause the network set up umd is for the korean wireless isp only . . . is like aol that will look for the host in order to work

Quote Originally Posted by alucard
    uhum that's intresting but i don't think it can be done cause the network set up umd is for the korean wireless isp only . . . is like aol that will look for the host in order to work
    oic. i thought it was like the wipeout browser but with a more user-friendly GUI. thanx for clearing that up.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard
    I imagine that it would be possible to fool it into thinking that your router is an ISP such as with the Wipeout exploit, but it is only being released in the Korean language as far as I am aware and unfortuatly I cant read Korean.

And before anyone says that the pages would be displayed in thier own languages, I mean the configuration of the network, which would need to be properly modified.

I am personally waiting for an english version of a full browser before I get into any of this as I dont even have Wipeout as of yet, and I have little use of a poorly equipped Internet browser, when I would need to be in range of my router to get a connection..and if I were, I would use my PC or Laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by wired
    SICK... i was wonderin whether to get a psp but thought they aint in my country yet so i wouldnt be able to buy games. :P you give me hope peoples:P now to go search ebay for a good deal.

btw how have people modded em right now, i see things about sega emulators etc :P
    They are not modified, infact they are technically unmodified PSP's, the one's that are modified can't.

All current homebrew applications, such as the emulators will only work on PSP's with the original V-1.0 firmware, the original JAP PSP-1000K series. But will not function on the newer firmware such as V-1.5 or V-1.51, such as the US PSP-1001K or the people unfortunate enough to update. (yes, I have a JAP PSP-1000K, but unfortunatly I got it before the homebrew exploded and updated it right out of the box! )

If you make sure that you get an original JAP PSP-1000K, then you will be able to use those emulators and if you don't then you can't, for the moment anyway
    Last edited by 3x3cut10n3r; 06-06-2005 at 08:36 PM

Quote Originally Posted by HellzSpawn
    i was under the impression that the psp unit itself was region free
    The PSP is region free for everything, except for UMD movies, they are region specific.

The problem here is not really will the disk load, as it more than likely would, but would we be able to get it to do anything if it did load?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast