Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It is not that bad, but I'd prefer the fan-made CG of the slim-slider PSP2, now that was sexy.
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

• File Type: jpg 1.jpg (30.2 KB, 37 views)

Registered User Whateverwhateve's Avatar
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    A stylus? Odd, you'd expect Sony to go for capacitive over resistive touchscreens.

And judging by that SD card seems we won't be locked down to memory sticks, good.

But the fact that they aren't showing the media its using worries me, I hope its not a download-only system like the PSPGo was.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sony is going to promote a download only system to keep piracy under control. Plus this boosts there Playstation Network $20 and $50 card sales. Kinda like how everything is nowadays... there's an app for that!

I'd rather them NOT keep it digital only. That is what is going to kill the system IMO. Not everyone wants to buy a game that they can't physically have. Not everyone has wireless internet because if they only have ONE computer in their house, it's pointless to spend the money on a wireless router.

Plus even if they did do it wireless, do you really want to spend $20-$40 on a download, then take a few hours waiting on the game to finish, then install? What happens if you have a problem and have to return the device and get a new one? Or you have to send it to Sony and they send you another one? Spending all that time re-downloading your games? I much prefer physical media…you have something to show for your money, if you have to get another system you just pop it in and play, no long waits on downloads, no broadband wireless internet required.

People already hate load times on some games, why add download time to the picture?? I think the PSP2 could REALLY benefit from LOTS of sales if they integrated backward compatibility. I like the looks of the PSPGo, but I hate that I can't play UMDs on it... even if they make a UMD drive an external device, its better than nothing.

EDIT: After posting this, I forgot that you could download content from the PSN store on a computer and copy it to your memory stick and install on the PSP w/o having wireless... but still have to wait on those downloads
    Last edited by jokr2k10; 01-26-2011 at 07:58 AM

Found info on Kotaku about the PSP2 as well:
    Until then, here's what we (think we) know from things we've been told directly by developers and/or other closely-involved personnel:

- The PSP2 has dual analog sticks
    - It features a touch-sensitive panel on the rear of the device
    - It has a larger screen than the current PSP
    - There were two models of the PSP2 in development at Sony, one "sliding" open like a phone and the other a "flat" device like the current PSP. It's unknown which of the two will be unveiled later this week.

Here's more stuff we've been told by people closely involved with the handheld:

- The UMD drive of the current PSP is gone.
    - It's a powerful device, one that in some ways rivals the capabilities of contemporary home consoles
    That picture above has been named fake by a lot of others, as someone else here has mentioned.

Also, a supposed "leaked" picture of the psp2 was released (which psm3 then commissioned someone to render in better quality).

Source: kotaku.com/5743481/what-we-think-we-know-about-the-psp2

Why the hell do they keep the awful joystick layout? Seriously it's not 1998 anymore and trying to gain brand recognition through a controller layout that is inferior to the other guys is just lazy and sad.

The controller is the only physical part of any console with which the user actually interfaces with [insert someone's comment about MS Kinect here] and so a good brand recognition of a design which hasn't needed changing in over 10 years is something any company would be proud of.

Also that second statement is your opinion, with which you are entitled to, except that a lot of people may not agree (me included) and so is not something which you should brandish as though it is a fact.
    Last edited by saviour07; 01-26-2011 at 11:50 AM Reason: spelling error

I guess in 24 hours we will all know if its fake or not so calm down.

Looks pretty decent, better then the Go.

The working title is NGP. Here is a picture:
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News