Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Rumor: PSP-4000 Will be a Complete Aesthetic Overhaul

Sponsored Links
    Sony's rumored PSP-4000 will apparently include a sliding front screen (similar to the non-Sony concept art pictured below) and boast a "complete aesthetic overhaul" based on existing PSP technology.

According to a "highly trusted source," the revamped handheld is set to be unveiled at GDC or E3 this year, though companies are keeping mum on any further details.

Additionally, the source also backs up Eurogamer's [Register or Login to view links] of a 2009 release date for the platform, so we can expect to be getting our hands on the swanky new portable device at some point this year.

To quote: VG247 has learned that PSP-4000 does have a sliding front-screen, with a highly-trusted source confirming fresh details on the unannounced machine this morning.

PSP-4000 is not PSP2, but rather a "complete aesthetic overhaul" based on existing PSP tech.

Much is now known by some parties of the console, which will be announced at either GDC or E3 this year, but cards are currently being clutched very tightly to chests.

The revamp does have a sliding front-screen, and we're assured the design being currently touted isn't a million miles away from this now-infamous image.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I like the user made design, if that was the final product then it would be awesome.

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    I was thinking of purchasing a PSP recently. After owning 3 1000's and returning them all due to defects (they were used) I really liked the console. Now that Sony and other game developers seem to be integrating the PS3 and the PSP more, my interest in buying one just grows even more.

If this PSP2/PSP-4000 is released this year, I'll hold off and pick some of this new tech up.

I like the idea of the sliding screen but, I find that the user-made concept design would be awfully awkward to hold. It seems very top heavy and the analog sticks are very low set, leaving less room for a full hand grip.

I'm sure that, even if Sony based their next design from this model, they would make modifications.

its so beautiful... great idea sony

Ive had my 2 psp 1000's for years now and I really dont mind upgrading when the 4000 comes out... sounds interesting.

Would be cool if the new psp could play ANY ps3 game remotely... I wanna play Savage Moon on my psp.

This is a nice preview... at the other hand, how much can we trust the source ? If you look at the picture you see it has been photoshopped... But i would certainly buy it

Well as stated in the original post the design was a concept, that was not created by Sony. Oh well looks like I might be buying two PSPs this year depending on if the price of the new one is right and if it offers two analog sticks. Downloadable PS2 games would also be a plus.

i love the design, I'm waiting for this

If this is true that would be absolutely awesome. Especially so because that picture shows dual analog sticks, something which should have been a part of the psp from the beginning. I hope they also make it less of a fingerprint magnet but only time will tell..

awwww

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    i want a psp now

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News