Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Rumor: Details Surface of Alleged Sony PSP 3G Console

Sponsored Links
    News is making it's rounds on the Internet the next iteration of the PlayStation Portable, dubbed herein as "PSP 3G, is on the way.

Allegedly, it will get 3G support across the globe and will hit during April, 2009.

To quote: Don't get your hopes up, folks, but there is something of a rumor stemming from NeoGAF about the next iteration of the PlayStation Portable, dubbed herein as "PSP 3G:"

David Perry // Producer, SCEA: Also well known as the PSP-4000 or the PSP2, the new PSP model will be called PSP 3G. Unlike previous PSP models it will have a Touch Screen as well as an UMTS support, Bluetooth and a microphone. That means you will be able to use it easily as a normal mobile phone.

With its ultra compact size and design it will be not much bigger than an iPhone but it will offer you the highest gaming comfort. There wont be any UMD-drive any more but instead a keyboard with a slide mechanism though.

But of course, you will be able to download all the games From The PSN Store with the PSP 3G soon. Cooperating with Sony Ericsson, we will be able to deliver the PSP 3G in the USA and Japan by the end of April 2009. First pictures will follow tomorrow.

So, yeah. I think someone was duped somewhere. If you see this pop up, don't buy into it unless we see something more official.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Can't be more then a rumor. Just think about it. How much would such a console cost?

To afford this you'd have to make a 2-year contract for sure. Also I don't think Sony will enter the cell-phone market that sudden. Playstation Brand won't marry with Sony Erricson they often stated.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If it has 3G, then it must be married to a cell phone provider. If it requires cell phone service and a contract, it is limiting its potential userbase, especially if it is exclusive to a single provider as most phones are.

A limited userbase means that developers won't be able to recoup their costs on games, and so games would never equal the quality and polish of most console games. Plus the filesize on psp quality games is way to big to transfer reliably through 3G.

Inevitable conclusion: fake.

Well I'm guessing you would be able to transfer the data threw a hardline download via another device. And without using UMD's they could save alot more on production costs, especially in the times were in right now everyone's trying to save a buck.

Cell phone service would be great considering Bluetooth capabilities will allow easy access to calls, as long as it comes with a protective case with access to the buttons needed to activate call features such as voice recognition calling and answering.

I currently do not even use a cell phone be cause I'm always around phones and don't travel to far out regions. But if PSP came out with service, believe me I'd be all over it. In my eyes they could do lots with a phone service. Cell phone games have hit really big amongst the non gamer consumers, and hitting the market now with a reliable service and what would be the greatest cell games to ever come out, would be in there best interest and would completely change the market for both portables and cellphones
    Last edited by Veritech; 03-18-2009 at 12:38 PM

Im calling bull shiznit on this one for many reasons:

1. Would wipe out all the physical library for the PSP (like the non Blu-ray PS3)
    2. There have been no official announcements from Sony themselves and this is apparently dropping next month
    3. This would be an expensive project to make and I believe Sony have other projects to contend with instead of creating an iPhone killer.

Smile

Looks like a fake. The way that it looks seems so strange...

Question

I wouldn't say this is fake myself, although it does seem a little bit too good to be true.

Considering this is true, I think that adding 3G service to this would be a great idea. In response to download speeds over 3G, I'm sure that it would still include Wifi like the current model. Also, this would NOT wipe out the physical library for the PSP at all, because of the [Register or Login to view links] which include UMD drives. If a 3G version of the PSP is released, wouldn't it logically be available to all service providers who already have include Sony Ericsson in their phone libraries? I'm sure that if this was released, it wouldn't be constricted to a single provider like the iPhone and, would definitely allow the even sales for this kind of phone.

All talk of rumors aside, if this phone/PSP is released, I will be getting it. I was planning on getting an iPhone around June anyways (possibility of a 32gb version to replace my iPod) and this really kicks the shit out of the iPhone (in my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by BluEvo View Post
    Im calling bull shiznit on this one for many reasons:

1. Would wipe out all the physical library for the PSP (like the non Blu-ray PS3)
    2. There have been no official announcements from Sony themselves and this is apparently dropping next month
    3. This would be an expensive project to make and I believe Sony have other projects to contend with instead of creating an iPhone killer.
    I agree with you on points one and two quite greatly. Point one being most sensible considering lack of the UMD drive would lead to old owners feeling left out, but on the other hand they did away with the backwards compatibility of certain model PS3's as well. It would save them money but hurt the owners of many purchased games. Its really hard to say on this one. As point two is stated, everyone loves to look foward to the near future so it's really easy to put a rumor date in close proximity of the rumor, this is fishy. I would belive a holiday release would be more of a reasonable time for it.

Maybe this was leaked out as a lie because as we all know April Fools day is like a week away and I can see it now April Fools to all you Fools!!!! headlines.

Thumbs Up

nice!! i want this psp but, no money.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News