Rumor: British Source Claims PSP2 to Release Holiday 2011
A few weeks ago PSP2 was confirmed by developers, and today according to VG247.com (linked above) a British source claims Sony's PSP2 handheld will be released during Holiday 2011.
To quote: "Developers and publishers have been told that PSP2 will release at the end of next year, a British source familiar with the matter has told VG247.
"We've been told it's coming in late 2011," said our man.
PSP2 is about as badly concealed as a games system can be. It's been common knowledge for much of this year that content is being made for the system, and that dev kits are in the wild. CPU and GPU specs have yet to be confirmed.
Sony has been obviously silent on the chatter, but has gone on the record to say there are "no plans" to include 3D. This tallies with what we've been told in the past month.
The machine has a forward-facing and backward-facing camera, and will come with both touch-screen and physical controls."
1) 4 inch super amoled capative touch screen with multi touch support.
2) PS2 emulation officially
3) Bluetooth 3.0 with file transfer to any device
4) Wlan b/g/n and 3g
5) Mobile phone support (gsm)
6) Front & Rear cameras with (720p) hd video recording and still images
7) Two analog sticks
8) Browser with full flash support
9) Nextgen umd drive with up to 10gb data storage
10) 1ghz dual core cpu, 256mb ram and offcouse dedicated gpu.
And even if its price will be 300$ i'll definately buy it on launch day.