Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Unhappy Remote Play NOT working anymore with 5.00 M33-6 since yesterday's PSN Maintenance

Sponsored Links
    For those of you still on 5.00 M33-6 - BAD news.

Sony've aparently updated their system yesterday during the "unexpected" PSN maintenance and both my PSP 1000 and 2000 (on 5.00 M33-6) can not since today connect to my PS3s via Remote play (one PS3 still on 2.76 and second already on 2.80) despite both working fine yesterday.

All I'm getting now is the bog standard "A system software update for the PSP system is required." message on both PSPs ...

This is indeed another blow form Sony's side after killing the ORP.

Anyone with some other / higher custom firmware can please check if the Remote play still works for them and post back here?

Thanks!
    Last edited by GrandpaHomer; 07-01-2009 at 05:21 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    All I'm getting now is the bog standard "A system software update for the PSP system is required." message on both PSPs ...
    I was going to say did you see HERE as Sony added in a MAC check, but after reading the error part I quoted above it seems like you are correct... it might be something new.

PS: I think I read something that said the French site PSPGen have found that Sony now detects CFW on the PSP... if I can find the link I will add it below.

Edit: I believe this is the link, but probably not the issue in your case as the translated title reads: "The first game that detects Custom Firmware is here!" [Register or Login to view links]

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You can also edit your version.txt in your FLASH1 I believe. Change it to like 6.40 that way they can't hit you with some BS about UPDATING.

I've done quite a bit of "hacking" for psp.

I'm right now in the works of making RMC - Remote Media Controller.
    An app that runs over wifi on the network, and allows you to control your media player (WMP) - I'm working on the PSP client right now. the server program is complete.

LUA is fairly easy I just tend to get stuck A LOT.

Anyway my PSP version is 5.02 GEN-A.
    I'll check it out as soon as I find it.

My PSP doesn't login either now - It just says Signing in for about 45 seconds, then says
    "A connection error has occurred"

I guess they really screwed us now.
    Last edited by ionbladez; 07-01-2009 at 05:37 AM

I've also forgot to mention that at the FIRST attempt on both PSP I've got a 80xxxxxx error (silly me - haven't noted down the exact error code) and was kicked out and only since following attempts I'm getting the "Update" prompt ...

Anyone up to testing the version.txt way mentioned above and post back here?

You have to open your VSH menu and select FLASH1 as your USB Device.
    Then browse through the folders (I forgot which one, sorry)
    You will then find version.txt

It's plaintext so you can edit it, if it's not open it with a hex editor or something and find your version #.
    Once you find it, replace it with 6.66 or something. anything higher than what is available.
    Sony doesn't create checks for SUPER HIGH FW VERSIONS

Then save it.
    Disconnect USB and go to your RECOVERY MENU.
    Go to "Configuration" and select Use version.txt

Hit (x) to enable it. Restart your PSP.

hopefully this will work.

Unfortunately - the version.txt trick doesn't work here - the same "System update ..." prompt will appear.

Just to clarify - the version.txt file is located at FLASH0 (not 1) in folder /vsh/etc and I've fully replaced that with one exctracted form FW 5.50 rather than editing the current one and indeed enabled that in the Recovery menu (Configuration -> Use version.txt) and rebooted but to no avail.

It also seems that we are experiencing different problems her while in my case the attempt to LOGON to PSN fails immediately on PSP FW check you seems to be actually logged into PSN already and then failing to connect to your PS3 (at least that's what I deduct from your brief error description).

Lightbulb

I see someone else posted on this 8002a212 error which may be related... I linked here, so I will backlink there as well:

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-on...lp-106738.html

Indeed - I can't access Playstation store either anymore so this is a "global" PSN Logon issue rather than Remote Play specific one. And - of course - I was able to go to Store up till yesterday.

Can any of you please verify if you can still acces Playstation store and report back here together with your FW versions? Thanks!

hey can someone plz update me does the version.txt thing not work anymore on 5.00M33-6? if not how can I find out if my 2001 can upgrade to 5.50 gen?

The PSP security is progressively tightening up... Sony must be shifting some of its PS3 security team geniuses to the PSP firmware development.

Some of the latest PSP ISO games on memory card are also unplayable on M33 firmware, like Motorstorm Arctic Edge and Dirt 2, as we need to wait for higher CFW to be released.

The version.txt method doesn't work here. Tested on PSP-2000 model with 5.00 M33-6. But you can still remoteplay from your PS3 by linking to it, via wifi. The inconvenience is that your PSP needs to be within range of your PS3 for the wifi signal. I really hope a solution shows up soon to reestablish PS3 remoteplay via internet.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News