Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PSPgo with Skype Voice Over IP Service Replacing Cell Phones

Sponsored Links
    Many are now turning their Sony PSPgo consoles into a cell phones using the Skype VoIP service, which requires an upgrade in service and a small fee but is free to standard users.

If you're not familiar with Skype, it's a voice over IP service, which allows you to call other Skype users over the Internet.

This is done directly from any PC, or in this case any PSPgo (or PSP) connected to the Internet.

To quote: "Skype offers a number of services; the first is their service that provides unlimited calls to landlines, and mobile phone numbers. The second is a phone number plan, which allows you to have your own personal phone number and access to inbound calls.

To access these features, Skype charges a very small fee. To make unlimited calls to land lines, and mobile phones, there's a monthly fee of $1.95. To get your own personal phone number, the monthly fee is a whopping $7.50.

With these two services, you could send, and receive calls at any Wi-Fi Hotspot around town, and if your in one of the Wi-Fi Zones (states/city that have Wi-Fi everywhere), then that's all you need, and enjoy your monthly phone bill of only $10.25."

PSPgo with Skype Voice Over IP Service Replacing Cell Phones

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    VoIP... According to my networking class professor, VoIP is the future of telecommunications, personally I like to use Skype whenever I have the chance because the voice quality is much better (of course, if your throughput allows it ) than the current cellulars networks.

Can't wait for this future when High speed wireless networks finally arrive to general public, things like WiMax, WiFly, etc. would definitely change things forever and for good.

I just wonder what are the "normal" telephone companies thinking about this?, 'cause if these services are being used more and more, well, eventually they'll loose a lot of clients.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    ^^ I couldn't agree with you more.

The low cost will gouge right into cell providers,.. the only thing holding it back is the lack of wifi while you are on the "go" so the speak lol.

On the other hand the price of unlimited cell plans for providers across the board will have to drop considerably... sounds like a win win here

Quote Originally Posted by JesusFMA View Post
    VoIP... According to my networking class professor, VoIP is the future of telecommunications, personally I like to use Skype whenever I have the chance because the voice quality is much better (of course, if your throughput allows it ) than the current cellulars networks.

Can't wait for this future when High speed wireless networks finally arrive to general public, things like WiMax, WiFly, etc. would definitely change things forever and for good.

I just wonder what are the "normal" telephone companies thinking about this?, 'cause if these services are being used more and more, well, eventually they'll loose a lot of clients.
    Yea and America by other country standards is behind in internet speeds. I can not wait for the future to arrive and one day when you can walk around with a psp and always have wi-fi

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News