Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PSP2 Confirmed by Mortal Kombat PSP Devs, Pretty Powerful

Sponsored Links
    Today IndustryGamers.com (linked above) has reported that Mortal Kombat PSP developers have confirmed that the PSP2 exists, and that it's actually pretty powerful to boot!

In an PAX 2010 interview about the upcoming Mortal Kombat reboot, Executive Producer Shaun Himmerick let slip the existence of a PSP2 development unit at Netherrealm Studios.

To quote: "We're not launching day one on all consoles like that. We are looking at them; we have a PSP2 in the house and we're looking at the engine, like what can it support. Always a big thing for us is the performance.

We're running at 60 fps, what can we do and do we have to build all the art assets over. We're definitely looking at them. PSP2 looks like it's a pretty powerful machine."

PSP2 Confirmed by Mortal Kombat PSP Devs, Pretty Powerful

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    any real specs on this thing yet? too bad that's only concept art, it's pretty cool..

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    the psp2 has been speculated for a while and that image is more of a speculation image then concept art, but nice non the less and no specs as of yet but if its better then the psp then i'm happy.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Awesome news! Apple has iphone/ipod 4 , nintendo has 3ds and now sony has psp2. Let the Speculations begin!

Mine are...
    • Its cpu can be a cell processor with 4 spe's maybe an nvidia gpu.
    • It will be so powerful and if it gets hacked then every emulator (dc, ps2, gamecube/wii, xbox) which is on ps3 will come to psp2.

Exiciting times
    Last edited by Pcsx2006; 09-16-2010 at 09:55 PM

You forgot something.. If 3DS gets hacked then ever emulators which is on ps3 will come to 3DS as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bearmon2010 View Post
    You forgot something.. If 3DS gets hacked then ever emulators which is on ps3 will come to 3DS as well.
    I know 3DS won't be more powerful than psp2..

This is great news! I'm honestly most curious about the button control. I would love to see the hand-held have dual analog sticks, but of course this is my preference I also reckon it'll be so powerful, it could probably survive 1.38058 Chuck Norris roundhouse kicks, but this is speculative of course

i think we've got another 2 E3s till we see some actual proof..

Sony needs to get the PSP2 out the door before they become irrelevant. If this thing doesn't have a capacative display and 802.11n I'll definitely pass.

Is anybody else less than impressed by the idea of a PSP2?

We all know Sony's M.O. by now... incrementally boring hardware changes. Somehow I doubt this will be a system that wows anyone, but rather is a minor upgrade from PSP-3000 which just happens to have a faster processor and the games are now entirely incompatible with PSP1 games, so they can entice people to buy more games for their handhelds.

Sadly I think the PSP2 will be little different than if they released a PSP-4000.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News