Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PSP System Software (Firmware) Update 6.39 is Incoming

Sponsored Links
    Just over a week ago PS3 Firmware 3.61 was released, and today Sony Network Entertainment VP Eric Lempel has announced that PSP System Software Update version 6.39 is incoming.

The 6.39 PlayStation Portable update will essentially do the same as the 3.61 update did for PS3, requiring users to change their PSN passwords to login for security purposes.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (PSP-N100x only)

To quote: "Hi everyone. A new PSP system software update, v6.39, will be released soon. With this update, users who need to change their PlayStation Network password will be guided through the process.

Also, system software stability during use of some features will be improved."

As always, we will update the article as soon as it's released with the related download links.

PSP System Software (Firmware) Update 6.39 is Incoming

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    at first sight i thought it was like "PS3 System Software (Firmware) Update 6.39" is coming..

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    That would've been terrible lol

Sponsored Links

Arrow

Sponsored Links
    For those following the PSP scene, with the release of 6.39 comes a PlayStation Portable 6.38 downgrader by some1: wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=6403&start=0

A port of Davee's 6.35/6.31 downgrader to 6.38. This a very simple app, just put the official 6.20 updater in (ms0/ef0 accordingly) PSP/GAME/UPDATE, and run the downgrader, this will reboot into the 6.20 "update", and allow you to downgrader to 6.20. Has been tested on 1k, 2k, 3k, and Go (added support for 07g/09g).

Following is a PSP 6.39 Downgrader: A port of Davee's 6.35/6.31 downgrader to 6.39/6.38. This a very simple app, just put the official 6.20 updater in (ms0/ef0 accordingly) PSP/GAME/UPDATE, and run the downgrader, this will reboot into the 6.20 "update", and allow you to downgrader to 6.20. Has been tested on 1k, 2k, 3k, and Go (added support for 07g/09g). Changelog: v3: added support for 6.39, added model printer v3.1: Fixed idiot bug for 6.38 I created when adding 6.39.

Also released recently is Easy 6.20 DualBoot Rev B by Rinnegatamante.

Easy 6.20 DualBoot is the first way to use different 6.20 HENs in a single PSP. It works on all PSP models (1000,2000,3000,N1000) and there isn't any risk of brick.

PSP 6.39 ME Recovery Hotfix Installer by Kuci: Simple PSP installer which install Recovery hotfix for CFW 6.39 ME.

PSP CFW PRO-B6 source code by coldbird & virtuous flame: PSP source code for Custom Firmware PRO-B6. Copy of the procfw repository from 2011-05-30.

Psardumper for 6.39 by neur0n: PsarDumper is an utility that is used to decrypt and extract all files contained in an EBOOT from official update. Includes source code and keys for almost all 6.x firmware including official firmware 6.39.

PSP 6.39 Downgrader v3.5 by some1: A port of Davee's 6.35/6.31 downgrader to 6.39/6.38. This a very simple app, just put the official 6.20 updater in (ms0/ef0 accordingly) PSP/GAME/UPDATE, and run the downgrader, this will reboot into the 6.20 "update", and allow you to downgrade to 6.20. Has been tested on 1k, 2k, 3k, and Go (added support for 07g/09g). Includes source code. Changelog: v3.5: If the 6.20 updater MD5 check fails, it will check if the update file is 6.35, allowing non 07g/09g to downgrade to 6.35, added source, removed a few debug printf's.

PSP CFW 6.39 PRO-B6 by coldbird & virtuous flame: PRO Firmware is a Aftermarket Firmware for PlayStation Portable. It's licensed under the GPLv3, and thus is under full control of the community, made by users for the users. It will continue to provide you with new features, even after Sony drops the plattform and allows you to develope your own applications for PSP.

Features:
    • Homebrew Compatible - Run your own unsigned applications, both user and kernel mode.
    • Plugin Compatible - Add new features to your PSP via kernel mode background plugins.
    • ISO / CSO Game Dump Playback - Backup your own UMD discs via USB and play them from Flash Storage.
    • 2g+ Memory Range Unlock - Use the previously locked RAM range within your own homebrew.
    • NODRM Engine - Use your bought DLCs, no matter on which PSN account you are currently logged in.
    • PSX Emulator Unlock - Play your PSX classics, yes - all of them. Not just PSN titles. And a lot more...

New in this release:

[!]Fixed NODRM Engine on Dissidia Duodecim
    [!]Fixed High Capacity Bug
    [!]Fixed Bug in np9660
    [!]Fixed button-input related startup freeze
    [!]Fixed rare crash in exploiting stage
    [+]Added 6.39 Kernel Support

PSP LCFW 6.39 ME-2 by neur0n: This is LCFW installer for OFW6.39. Only work on 01g ,02g , 03g, 04g, 07g and 09g model. 05g (GO)is not supported.

PSP 6.39 TN-A (HEN) by Total_Noob & HacKmaN: TN HEN allows you to execute homebrew and plugins on PSP. It includes a TN VSH Menu for some nifty features. It's similar to the Custom Firmware - without ISO/CSO and PSX support. Requirements: A PSP with 6.39 installed. The 6.39 TN-A HEN is like the 6.20 TN-E (fix) HEN, but some Bugs got fixed, like the bug, that the psp go freezes, while trying to connect flash via usb, when no M2 Card is inserted.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Some more PSP CFW updates below:

neur0n CFW 6.39ME-6: This Custom FirmWare (Minimum Edition) works on PSP1000 and PSP2000 (01g, 02g model).

neur0n LCFW 6.39ME-6: This is LCFW installer for OFW6.39. Only work on 01g ,02g , 03g, 04g, 07g and 09g model. 05g (GO)is not supported.

PSP CFW 6.20 PRO-B7 by coldbird & virtuous flame: PRO Firmware is a Aftermarket Firmware for Playstation Portable. It's licensed under the GPLv3, and thus is under full control of the community, made by users for the users. It will continue to provide you with new features, even after Sony drops the plattform and allows you to develope your own applications for PSP.

Features:

Homebrew Compatible - Run your own unsigned applications, both user and kernel mode.
    Plugin Compatible - Add new features to your PSP via kernel mode background plugins.
    ISO / CSO Game Dump Playback - Backup your own UMD discs via USB and play them from Flash Storage.
    2g+ Memory Range Unlock - Use the previously locked RAM range within your own homebrew.
    NODRM Engine - Use your bought DLCs, no matter on which PSN account you are currently logged in.
    PSX Emulator Unlock - Play your PSX classics, yes - all of them. Not just PSN titles. And a lot more...

New in this release:

[!] Fixed nodrm engine DDFF012 crash problem when viewing DLC ??clothing
    [!] Fixed inferno in the GTA ChinaTown, Corda2f irregularities when
    [!] Updated scePower_driver NID
    [!] PRO will automatically reset the configuration upgrade
    [+] Allows the loading of DA psp-packer compressed user module
    [+] Add UMD VIDEO MOUNT, no boot disk (currently only use the PSP UMD)
    [+] Add CIPL Flasher (for 6.39 only)
    [+] Add Chinese (non Latin1) ISO file name support
    [+] Add memory stick acceleration
    [+] Add ISO caching, in inferno and NP9660 mode

PSP CFW 6.35 PRO-B7 by coldbird & virtuous flame: PRO Firmware is a Aftermarket Firmware for Playstation Portable. It's licensed under the GPLv3, and thus is under full control of the community, made by users for the users. It will continue to provide you with new features, even after Sony drops the plattform and allows you to develope your own applications for PSP.

Features:

Homebrew Compatible - Run your own unsigned applications, both user and kernel mode.
    Plugin Compatible - Add new features to your PSP via kernel mode background plugins.
    ISO / CSO Game Dump Playback - Backup your own UMD discs via USB and play them from Flash Storage.
    2g+ Memory Range Unlock - Use the previously locked RAM range within your own homebrew.
    NODRM Engine - Use your bought DLCs, no matter on which PSN account you are currently logged in.
    PSX Emulator Unlock - Play your PSX classics, yes - all of them. Not just PSN titles. And a lot more...

New in this release:

[!] Updated scePower_driver NID
    [!] PRO will automatically reset the configuration upgrade

PSP CFW 6.39 PRO-B7 by coldbird & virtuous flame: PRO Firmware is a Aftermarket Firmware for Playstation Portable. It's licensed under the GPLv3, and thus is under full control of the community, made by users for the users. It will continue to provide you with new features, even after Sony drops the plattform and allows you to develope your own applications for PSP.

Features:

New in this release:

[!] Updated scePower_driver NID [!] PRO will automatically reset the configuration upgrade

PSP CFW 6.39 ME-7 by neur0n: This Custom FirmWare (Minimum Edition) works on PSP1000 and PSP2000 (01g, 02g model).

PSP LCFW 6.39 ME-7 by neur0n: This is LCFW installer for OFW6.39. Only work on 01g ,02g , 03g, 04g, 07g and 09g model. 05g (GO) is not supported.

Popsloader patch 6.39 ME-8 by neur0n is a patch plugin for ME. It allow to use New popsloader for PRO on ME.

Neur0n LCFW 6.39 ME-8 is an LCFW installer for OFW6.39. Only works on 01g ,02g , 03g, 04g, 07g and 09g model. 05g (GO) is not supported.

Neur0n CFW 6.39 ME-8 is Custom FirmWare (Minimum Edition) works on PSP1000 and PSP2000 (01g, 02g model).

PSP CFW 6.39 PRO-B8 is a Aftermarket Firmware for PlayStation Portable. It's licensed under the GPLv3, and thus is under full control of the community, made by users for the users. It will continue to provide you with new features, even after Sony drops the plattform and allows you to develope your own applications for PSP. Features:

2g+ Memory Range Unlock - Use the previously locked RAM range within your own homebrews.
    PSX Emulator Unlock - Play your PSX classics, yes - all of them. Not just PSN titles. And a lot more... New in this release by coldbird & virtuous flame:

[!] Code refactoring part Vshctrl
    [!] As the two conflict, after the opening ISO cache function is disabled pspgo pause the game
    [!] PSPGO disabled by default ISO Cache
    [!] fix may not display smooth animation iso issues
    [+] Add Idol Master anti-crack patch
    [+] Add popsloader support

PSP CFW 6.35 PRO-B8 is a Aftermarket Firmware for Playstation Portable. It's licensed under the GPLv3, and thus is under full control of the community, made by users for the users. It will continue to provide you with new features, even after Sony drops the plattform and allows you to develope your own applications for PSP. Features:

2g+ Memory Range Unlock - Use the previously locked RAM range within your own homebrews.
    PSX Emulator Unlock - Play your PSX classics, yes - all of them. Not just PSN titles. And a lot more... New in this release:

[!] As the two conflict, after the opening ISO cache function is disabled pspgo pause the game

PSP CFW 6.20 PRO-B8 is a Aftermarket Firmware for Playstation Portable. It's licensed under the GPLv3, and thus is under full control of the community, made by users for the users. It will continue to provide you with new features, even after Sony drops the plattform and allows you to develope your own applications for PSP. Features:

PSX Emulator Unlock - Play your PSX classics, yes - all of them. Not just PSN titles. And a lot more... New in this release:

Pandora JigKick for PSP-200x TA-088v3 JigKick MS (dump) by Boryan & ErikPshat: pspx.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=92433

1) Buy MemoryStick open NAND (Chinese) (NOT MONOLITH!).
    2) Buy NAND Flash TSOP-48 programmer.
    3) Unsold NAND.
    4) Connect NAND to programmer.
    5) Reading NAND.
    6) Overwrite MemoryStick ID (msid) area (offset 1E0 - 1EF): 204D5350534E593000788884C6AA0000.
    7) Disconnect the NAND from programmer.
    8) Sold NAND to base card.
    9) Download this archive.
    10) Format MemoryStick.
    11) In the folder IPL to MS launch "install_psp_ms_multi_loader_ipl.cmd".
    12) Connect PSP to PC.
    13) Print "Y" (Inject IPL).
    14) Copy all files from folder Extracted Files Original to PSP (MS).
    15) Complete!

PSP CXMB for CFW 3.71-6.39 v2 by patpat (blog.l-patpat.cn/?p=342) - CXMB for custom firmwares 3.71-6.39, a handy homebrew plugin that allows users to load custom PSP themes directly from the memory stick. This version of CXMB is compatible with all custom firmwares starting from 3.71 M33 up to the latest 6.39 version.

PSP LCFW 6.39ME-9 by neur0n: This is LCFW installer for OFW6.39. Only work on 01g ,02g , 03g, 04g, 07g and 09g model. 05g (GO)is not supported.

PSP CFW 6.39ME-9 by neur0n: This Custom FirmWare (Minimum Edition) works on PSP1000 and PSP2000 (01g, 02g model).

PSP CFW 6.39 PRO-B9 Beta, PSP CFW 6.35 PRO-B9 Beta and PSP CFW 6.20 PRO-B9 Beta by coldbird & virtuous flame:

Features:
    • Homebrew Compatible - Run your own unsigned applications, both user and kernel mode.
    • Plugin Compatible - Add new features to your PSP via kernel mode background plugins.
    • ISO / CSO Game Dump Playback - Backup your own UMD discs via USB and play them from Flash Storage.
    • 2g+ Memory Range Unlock - Use the previously locked RAM range within your own homebrews.
    • NODRM Engine - Use your bought DLCs, no matter on which PSN account you are currently logged in.
    • PSX Emulator Unlock - Play your PSX classics, yes - all of them. Not just PSN titles. And a lot more...

New in this release:

[!] Lots of refactors and bug fixes
    [+] Added PSPGO UMD Mount support (Based on neur0n's model_spoofer_for_05g)

Arrow

Some more updates are below...

Neur0n LCFW 6.39ME-9.1: an LCFW installer for OFW 6.39. Only work on 01g ,02g , 03g, 04g, 07g and 09g model. 05g (GO) is not supported.

Neur0n CFW 6.39ME-9.1 Custom Firmware (Minimum Edition) works on PSP1000 and PSP2000 (01g, 02g model).

Neur0n LCFW 6.39ME-9.2 LCFW installer for OFW6.39. Works on 01g ,02g , 03g, 04g, 05g (PSP Go), 07g and 09g model.

Neur0n CFW 6.39ME-9.2 Custom FirmWare (Minimum Edition) works on PSP1000 and PSP2000 (01g, 02g model).

I actually dusted off my old 01g model phat and put this firmware on, i like it plays everything i've got game wise so that's cool.Thanks for the update.

i will not update it

So in the end would updating from 6.35 pro b4 to 6.39 pro b8 be better? What are advantages over the two, other than plug in supports. For example, if I want remote joy on my PSP at the moment, would the newest one have much better support for the plugin? Or would it be nearly the same?

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News