Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Question PSP Save Games - anyone tried editing them?

Sponsored Links
    Anyone tried editing save games yet? (havn't seen any posts relating to this)

It's always fun to modify savegames for all money in the world, etc etc ! I've been playing with my tigerwoods savegame and havn't had any joy yet - mind you i've only just started so...

Are save games encrypted too? (can't find any hex values relating to my cash.) anyway, just thought i'd ask.

PSPSwampy.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    save game .sfo files can be opened with PBP Unpacker, and you can poke around, but change anything and the psp rejects it as corrupted. completed saves are available, google is your friend.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    thanks dabs - am aware that "power" saves are available - i'm talking about editing my own.

I am aware also that the .sfo is (PARTIALLY) editable using pbp unpacker - i say partially because it reads some of the file as corrupt anyway.

I was looking into editing using a HEX editor on either the .sfo (which i think is only the savegame header, file - info for when you browse your savegame folder from the psp OS - not 100% sure of this though - may also contain a hash check of the .bin?)
    or the .bin file - which i think is where the actual save data is stored (cant confirm this either).

Hence the question.

any of this make sense to anyone? or am i just completely stupid.

PSPSwampy.
    I'm ill at the moment - that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it!

My impression is that the save games are encrypted. When I edited mine w/ a hex editor the save game would no longer load. I tried with ATV.

Yeah, they're encrypted. If they weren't, we would have been using a buffer overflow exploit long ago to run unencrypted code, at least most likely.

-Matt

Some games like fifa have code in ini files. They have access to the game saves without corrupting them. So you could in thoery use fifa to edit the fifa gamesave file, which could create a softmod for fifa.

thought that might be the case - grrr $ony!

cheers for confirming.

damn i wanted to edit need4speed UGR.

so if you downloaded a game save from the internet and you want to use it on your psp, what steps do u need to follow to ensure that it won't come out corrupted? and what's this PBP unpacker? sry im a newbie

Quote Originally Posted by aznfobboys
    so if you downloaded a game save from the internet and you want to use it on your psp, what steps do u need to follow to ensure that it won't come out corrupted? and what's this PBP unpacker? sry im a newbie
    you can download the game save and put the in the SAVES folder on the MS when you donwload them they usually come on .zip files just extract them and tranfer the file to the psp an you are good to go it' not that hard and PBP Unpacker is just a prog that let you browser a pbp file.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News