Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Down PSP power surge on the hub port

Sponsored Links
    when i plug my psp to my laptop i get a power surge on hub port message saying a usb device has exceeded the power limits of its hub port. It never gave me that message before but now it does and i get do crap to transfer videos or anything. Please help

Thank you

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    is your hub powerd (does it plug into the wall or not)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by HMaster92
    is your hub powerd (does it plug into the wall or not)
    i think its a direct port on the laptop on the side of the case, not an actuall hub hub...

is the usb ports and controllers working good in device manager? ie is there any yellow or red markings beside the device name?

The Notebook Is Plugged Into The Wall And The Usb Is On The Side Of The Notebook. But It Worked Before And Icurrently Have Things On Those Ports And They Work So Im Kinda Lost.

Please Help
    Thank You

Try powering up your laptop with the card already installed in the slot.

Whoops, I mis-read your post. Sorry. As already suggested make sure every other USB device is unplugged. If in the past you have hung some power hungry devices on your USB then you may have a power supply issue in your laptop. Excessive current draw from too many devices can cause permanent damage to the power source. Laptops seem to be especially vunerable to this cause of size limitations of the laptop, whereas a PC can house a much larger power supply with ample guts to handle many devices. Hopefully this has not happened to yours.
    Last edited by SoCalBluetooth; 06-17-2005 at 11:26 PM

Quote Originally Posted by cbarr003
    But It Worked Before And Icurrently Have Things On Those Ports And They Work So Im Kinda Lost.
    Have you tried unplugging any other devices you have in the USB ports?

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News