Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PSP Play Emulators

Sponsored Links
    Has anyone found out how to play SNES or GBA emulators/roms on PSP?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    no

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    but it is possible right?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegita05
    but it is possible right?
    not at this point

Okay, here's the thing: We know that the PSP can run applications off of the Memory Stick. That's the reason your Memory Stick has a GAMES folder.

BUT! Noone(outside of Sony or the game companies) knows how to program applications that the PSP will recognize and run.

I know a lot of anxious users hate hearing this, but YOU NEED TO HAVE PATIENCE. They just released the damn thing state-side and it wasn't until the Wipeout browser exploit(NOT HACK) and the Japanese firmware update were discovered that the homebrew community began to make any sort of headway.

Just chill. I'm estimating that by next year, we'll have emulators for our systems.

Quote Originally Posted by spongy
    look how long the ps2 has been out..the emulation scene on that is next to 0.. i doubt you will see any emulation on the psp for a VERY long time
    The thing with that is, the ps2 is a console system. psp is portable. why make emulators for the ps2 when you can use your computer? the reasoning behind making emulators for psp is psp is portable, meaning you have portable emulators... that will be the driving force so that the first programs ppl make for psp will be emulators

i didnt say they were portable. i was saying that people didnt make emulators for the ps2 cuz they had their pc. ppl want a portable emulator, so that pushes ppl to make an emulator for the psp

I totally agree with MasterQ

no idea bout yall but i wouldnt mind playin shinobi, streets of rage and sonic on a psp lol damn i shouldnt've gave my genesis to my cousin ten years ago

Quote Originally Posted by MasterQ
    i didnt say they were portable. i was saying that people didnt make emulators for the ps2 cuz they had their pc. ppl want a portable emulator, so that pushes ppl to make an emulator for the psp
    Actually I agree with spongy. I think if PS2 programming was easier, there would be more going on in the PS2 emu scene. The Xbox has tons of emulators, some even for systems a lot of us haven't even heard about. What does that say about the emu scene there?The Xbox is an easier platform to program for, and it's much more fun playing Gunstar Heroes on your TV than it is on your computer monitor, especially if your TV is bigger. It's kinda like saying "well why should a company make a game for a console, when it can run on computers?" A lot of people generally enjoy console gaming more than computer gaming, even if it's the same game. Not to mention that controllers work better than keyboards, and that you don't have to spend much extra money for controllers for consoles, as opposed to controllers for computers (a console already comes with one controller, and most people usualyl buy another, while a comp only comes with kb/m, and you have to spend money on two controllers if you want to play two player emus).

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News