Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PSP Minis Drop WiFi Multiplayer, DLC & Software Update Support

Sponsored Links
    Sony has revealed that PSP Minis won't support wireless multiplayer functionality, downloadable content or software updates.

SCEA senior account manager Justin Cooney said that the decisions had been made in a bid to "accelerate the approval process" of games for the company's handheld.

To quote: "When you look at it from a testing perspective, you have to do more QA. [Allowing those features] would defeat the purpose of having a dedicated service for smaller content. It increases the barriers," he told [Register or Login to view links].

Cooney noted that the QA process for PSP Minis takes around three to five days, compared to up to fourteen days for regular PSP games.

Announced at Gamescom, PSP Minis will be exclusive to the PlayStation Network and have a 100MB size limit. 15 titles will be made available at launch on October 1 in Europe / PAL territories and the US, coinciding with the release of the PSP Go.

PSP Minis Drop WiFi Multiplayer, DLC & Software Update Support

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sometimes I really wonder what goes through Sony's mind. I mean, why don't you improve the process of approval instead of doing this?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    That's bad, I was considering getting a Minis 'license' but i was expecting it was going to support software updates or at least DLCs

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News