Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PSP and mini USB Hard Drive

Sponsored Links
    Lets face it those memory stick duos are way to ex*****ive for the amount of space they hold.. I wish i was a programmer to code drivers or modify PSP firmware to read usb drives, but several recent hacks for the system has made it more evident that the psp can do many things, for explain booting games from the MemSticks watching videos and browser hacks. All we need now is storage space for all of these things. I have seen mini usb drives with 20+ gigs of storage smaller than floppy disc, don't need external power sources and cheaper than them Duo's. If somebody or some group can code drivers or make some homebrewed usb hd programs for the psp that would be great, or even a USB to MS duo adapter of some sort. Think of the all the movies, music software or even backup games. All we need is HD advance for the psp.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    it'll drain the battery even faster

Sponsored Links

Depends

Sponsored Links
    There are many new products for the psp that add battery life. The nyko charger case adds an extra 5 hours i highly doubt anyone would ever watch 4 hours of movies on that tiny screen without taking a break. Plus it's really worth it if you think about. On a daily basis people would be playing games 3-4 hours, plus i would rather shell out an extra 250 dollars for a miniusb drive plus charger case to have 20+ gigs, instead of 200+ dollars for a 2 gig MS duo.

Give it time, I'm sure someone will come up with something.

its impossible, thanks to usb.

usb devices need a 'USB HOST CONTROLLER" which is located either on a PCi USB card, or on your motherboard. usb devices such as the psp and usb hard drives do not include this, that is why you cant plug in a psp to a hard drive and have it recognized. too bad they didnt include firewire, or else you could do that

Hopefully a hacked firmware comes out, OR a MS to usb cable trick the psp into thinking the HD is a Memory stick.

all we gotta do is wait for them to figure out the firmware updates, then we make our own OS for psp thats bootable from the duo . since all the memory stick saves and loads are done from the psp OS, we can make it able to access usb or duo... we're close, just not quite there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterQ
    all we gotta do is wait for them to figure out the firmware updates, then we make our own OS for psp thats bootable from the duo . since all the memory stick saves and loads are done from the psp OS, we can make it able to access usb or duo... we're close, just not quite there yet.
    Who is "them"?

I don't see any kind of USB storage happening soon. Rather, what we will most likely see is a simple, cheap adaptor that lets you use a regular memory stick with the PSP. I don't know how many connectors the MSD has, but if it's the same as the MS, then I think that all we'd need to do is a little re-wiring of the pins.

Quote Originally Posted by ny555soul
    Who is "them"?
    the people that are good at decompiling stuff and learning the structure of it all so we can make something in the same structure to make psp think it is authentic.

and im 99% sure there are adaptors that can convert duo slots into normal memory stick slots. look around...

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News