PSP Memory Stick Homebrew Utility v0.6 Update Available
Raing3 is not yet through with this PSP homebrew app, Memory Stick Utility. He's released v0.6 today, and has made several changes to improve its function.
Just a recap for those not familiar with this app. PlayStation Portable Memory Stick Utility is a mutli-player utility which allows you to perform various general management functions on your MemStick.
Here's the list of what it can do:
- Connect various devices through a USB cable (Flash 0, Flash 1, Flash 2, Flash 3, Memory Stick and UMD Disc)
- Inject a variety of included IPLs or an IPL from a file to the Memory Stick
- Erase the entire IPL space of the Memory Stick
- Check the IPL injected on the Memory Stick or a file located on the Memory Stick
- Create a checksum of the IPL injected on the Memory Stick or an IPL located on the Memory Stick
- Extract the IPL injected on the Memory Stick to a file
And here's what's new in PSP Memory Stick Utility 0.6:
- Added option to extract Memory Stick MBR
- Added detection of available IPL space and Memory Stick Information
- Added option to extract entire IPL space from Memory Stick
- Fixed a bug which caused corruption of Memory Stick when injecting an IPL larger than the reserved space
- Entire IPL area is now erased from the Memory Stick
- Fixed issue detecting IPLs smaller than 4,096 bytes which were injected with this application
- Fixed issue which meant more space was required to inject an IPL, the required IPL space is now only rounded up to a multiple of 512 when it is not a multiple of 512
- PRXs are now stored internally for easier installation of application
- Reverted the IPL injection back to the style used in version 0.4 More PlayStation 3 News...