Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PSP Keyboard and GPS due Within the Next 12 Months

Sponsored Links
    Sony senior marketing manager John Koller has revealed that the company's official PSP keyboard peripheral, first announced during this year's Consumer Electronics Show, is slated to hit North American within "the next 12 months."

Additionally, Koller once again reiterated that the GPS peripheral, already released in Japan and Europe, is also due for a stateside release during same timeframe as part of the company's mobile social focus.

Sony has been talking about both peripherals for some time, let's hope at least one of them will hit the market by the end of this year.

PSP Keyboard and GPS due Within the Next 12 Months

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I wonder if the keyboard will use the USB port or will it use the IR port like the current homebrew implementation.

For that matter, I don't understand why there hasn't been a homebrew implementation to use allow us to use the USB port to access portable HDDs and other accessories.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    That thing is probably going to be worth $60 - $80...

the keyboard will probably be used through usb since the slim lacks the ir port.

Quote Originally Posted by Tpuah View Post
    the keyboard will probably be used through usb since the slim lacks the ir port.
    So I guess it'll be attached at the top of the PSP. I wish they would release an attachable keyboard for the SixAxis/DualShock3. I'm surprised it's taking Sony this long to get this product out.

Quote Originally Posted by Xodome View Post
    So I guess it'll be attached at the top of the PSP. I wish they would release an attachable keyboard for the SixAxis/DualShock3. I'm surprised it's taking Sony this long to get this product out.
    Agreed, I don't understand what is taking Sony so long to release this product.

Perhaps it might have to do with writing a firmware update such the PSP can be a USB host?

I could use the keyboard quite a bit. I'm looking forward to socom bluetooth headset and gps personally.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News