Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PSP Go Still Functional as Gaming System in Closed State

Sponsored Links
    Obviously the PSP Go is designed to be a gaming system in its open state, but what about when it's closed?

JoyStiq (linked above) contacted Sony to find out if it was even possible to play games in the handheld's shuttered mode and if the company had any titles in development that would utilize the functionality.

To quote: A representative for Sony told us it hasn't announced any titles in development that strictly use the PSP Go's L/R shoulder buttons, but that "users will be able to play those games with the PSP Go in closed mode."

The Sony rep continued, "Users will be able to access content and applications on the XMB such as videos, music and Skype when the panel is closed - but users will need to launch the application first before closing the panel."

Other accessible features when the panel is closed include "original applications," like the clock and calendar.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So is it touch screen, since you can operate while closed?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    For $250 it better do more then that!

Arrow

Great.. Only game that could work like that is Loco Rocco >.>

Oh probably Patapon too

Is it just me, or am I the only one who thinks that the PSP Go! is a waste? Yeah they've made some decent improvements, especially with the built in memory AND a flash card slot. However a sliding screen does not matter nearly as much as a second analog stick to me. Also, are the specs the same? Because if so then this thing is definitely not worth 250.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthswan View Post
    So is it touch screen, since you can operate while closed?
    Not touch and a bit smaller than older psp's
    Quote Originally Posted by reorampage View Post
    Is it just me, or am I the only one who thinks that the PSP Go! is a waste? Yeah they've made some decent improvements, especially with the built in memory AND a flash card slot. However a sliding screen does not matter nearly as much as a second analog stick to me. Also, are the specs the same? Because if so then this thing is definitely not worth 250.
    Agreed,
    imho they could have kept the same form factor, removed the umd and give option to use a SDHC card, added the extra flash memory and a second thumb stick and it would have been a winner.... dont get me wrong though, i think this will still sell good.

Still hard to believe that instead of making the screen bigger they did the opposite

They should've stayed with the Touch Screen concept

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News