Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PSP Go Details Revealed in June 2009 Issue of Qore

Sponsored Links
    Update: Complete specs and videos from the June issue of Qore are available on YouTube, but the latter one appears to have been removed.

In the video, Qore host Veronica Belmont discusses the new PSP Go handheld with Sony's John Koller who mentions the handheld (which features 16GB of internal storage, a memory slot for expandable memory and bluetooth) will not replace the current PSP-3000 - they will coexist.

According to Koller, new titles will be revealed for the platform at E3, specifically: a new Metal Gear Solid and Jak & Daxter. Also, expect Sony's E3 briefing to mention Jak & Daxter PSP (announced previously) and Gran Turismo PSP - which has been known since the birth of the platform. Get those bingo cards out, kids!

Images grabbed by the [Register or Login to view links] confirm PS3's virtual magazine (Qore) made its latest issue available early and revealed the (long-rumored) PSP revision.

As rumors and mockups theorized, the PSP Go in the [Register or Login to view links] features no UMD drive and a sliding screen. It also features a single (and poorly positioned) analog stick. Adding fuel to the fire, [Register or Login to view links] has posted an image it states is of the actual retail packaging for the soon-to-be announced handheld iteration - and both designs match.

It appears, with the video, PSP Go is all but confirmed. Only a few days until we find out if the madness is true.

Confirmed Specifications:

• Offical Name - PSP Go
    • 3.8″ LCD Screen
    • 43% Lighter then PSP-3000
    • 16GB Flash Memory
    • Memory Stick Micro Support
    • BlueTooth Support - HeadSet and Cellphone Support
    • All Digital Content (No UMD)
    • Slide Out Controls
    • Remote Play Support (just like PSP-3000)

Digital Content:

• Games
    • Gran Turismo PSP
    • LittleBigPlanet PSP
    • Jak & Daxter
    • Metal Gear Solid
    • Movies
    • TV Shows
    • Videos

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

PSP Go

Sponsored Links
    PSP Go info in June episode of Qore

Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

pspgo22222222.jpg  
    Last edited by jake112493; 05-30-2009 at 03:35 PM Reason: fixed link

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The second video seems dead now, but I here are some more pics of PSP Go! including the box.

Thanks for letting us know jake112493. +Rep!
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

ss_preview_PSP_GO_000_bmp.jpg   ss_preview_PSP_GO_001_bmp.jpg   ss_preview_PSP_GO_002_bmp.jpg   ss_preview_PSP_GO_003_bmp.jpg   ss_preview_PSP_GO_004_bmp.jpg  

ss_preview_PSP_GO_005_bmp.jpg   ss_preview_PSP_GO_006_bmp.jpg   ss_preview_PSP_GO_007_bmp.jpg   img000412-685x522.jpg   psp-go-large-open.jpg  

Why the heck didn't they add a second nub?

Damn crazy Sony people!

Confirmed Specifications:

* Offical Name - PSP Go
    * 3.8″ LCD Screen
    * 43% Lighter then PSP-3000
    * 16GB Flash Memory
    * Memory Stick Micro Support
    * BlueTooth Support - HeadSet and Cellphone Support
    * All Digital Content (No UMD)
    * Slide Out Controls
    * Remote Play Support (just like PSP-3000)

Digital Content:

* Games
    * Gran Turismo PSP
    * LittleBigPlanet PSP
    * Jak & Daxter
    * Metal Gear Solid
    * Movies
    * TV Shows
    * Videos

im just wondering how it will play older games with the UMD that people might have
    Last edited by jake112493; 05-30-2009 at 07:36 PM

It won't.

Sony will add all the back catalog to the digital store (hopefully at reduced prices) and have said the new PSP will co-exist with the current one, rather than replace it.

I don't like the new design at all. The screen size has shrunk from 4.3" to 3.8" but the big screen is something I like about my PSP.

The analog nub is in an even worse place now too and the sliding screen is almost pointless.

psp go

just tell me if that people have someone to tell that them that the new psp had to have a second analog. and what does the analog there..... how can we play with that.... so many people working in design, future, elegance, etc.... and know one to tell that must have 2 analog...
    this is ridiculous.... a waste of time and money.....

Quote Originally Posted by onimusha25 View Post
    just tell me if that people have someone to tell that them that the new psp had to have a second analog. and what does the analog there..... how can we play with that.... so many people working in design, future, elegance, etc.... and know one to tell that must have 2 analog...
    this is ridiculous.... a waste of time and money.....
    maybe only one person designed this like how only one person designed the XMB

here is the video that got removed off youtube

Last edited by jake112493; 05-30-2009 at 10:59 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i understand everyone is upset about the single analog nub , but anyone think about a bluetooth/wireless controller? like a wireless ps3 controller with everything thats needed for gaming? might happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Dingus View Post
    i understand everyone is upset about the single analog nub , but anyone think about a bluetooth/wireless controller? like a wireless ps3 controller with everything thats needed for gaming? might happen...
    i doubt that happen because then if it was a controller it would be missing an analog.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News