Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PSP game from Mem stick

Sponsored Links
    I just tryed what some people from other web have been traying out. It is monkey island in a PSP now, the game dosent play, but it shows how close we are of getting a NES emulator or other games on PSP.

if you want to try it out do this:

download monkey island file below

then put it on G:\PSP\GAME\TEST(make folder)

then try it.

(I don not take any credit for any of this)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    That's awsome, hopefully someone is able to build some sort of emulator to run that way, I actually thought it was going to run something before it told me the game couldn't be started.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sorry, the game do not work. The error I get is below.

"The game could not be started
    (80020001)"

EDIT: movie attached

EDIT 2: Looks like somebody use PBP unpacker to upload the Monkey Island pic into the PBP. :
    Last edited by menist; 04-15-2005 at 05:40 AM

Ok read the first post, the game doesn't work, it's not meant to work, it's just proving a point that stuff can boot off the memory stick and here's hoping someone can program an emu to run this way

hmm.

exactly EGm92 and but menist is right too. I thought that this was cool and maybe the beginning of games on mem stick.

I only wanted for you guys to see stuff can be booted but yes some one could have created the imgae for monkey island. This may be the biginning of games of MEM Stick so I thought it was interesting

Ok read the first post, the game doesn't work, it's not meant to work, it's just proving a point that stuff can boot off the memory stick and here's hoping someone can program an emu to run this way
    It proves nothing since the Sony Update PICTURE was just replace with Monkey Island. The program to do so is attached. I can make one and upload it here if ya don't believe.

Gotta love how quick people are to rag on someone that posted something that doesn't work. Even when they said " the game dosent play ".

Thanks for posting this Monarca. I think the more we can share what is going on with this process the faster it will go.

I'm not ragging, just telling ya its a FAKE!! Download my PBP below.

The PBP is an uncompressed archive file, the contents are thusly:

PARAM.SFO - You can change what's in here to modify text and region codes etc...

ICON0.PNG - A PNG that's displayed as the game / game save icon. (144x80 px)

ICON1.PMF - A video icon file. It's encoded with AVS.

UNKNOWN.PNG - A larger icon sits in the lower right corner of the screen. (Don't know pixel dimensions but it's considerably bigger than ICON0.PNG)

PIC1.PNG - Background image (480x272px)

SND0.AT3 - An ATRAC3 encoded wav file. Plays while you have the icon selected.

UNKNOWN.PSP - The PSP Executable? (Encrypted/Compressed)?

UNKNOWN.PSPAR - An archive containing a filesystem? (Encrypted/Compressed)?
    Last edited by menist; 04-15-2005 at 08:22 PM

well menist has just prove that it is fake it just the psp update that sony relase for the japases psp(v1.5 that the us psp have) someone just took out the updates and put some files that the psp will read but not compleatly there will be games that can be played from the mem card we just have to wait for someone to hack the encryption of the psp but that you guys will not be an easy task . . .

I didint know what menist just said so its good to know that it was a fake. I just got it from a web forum so I thought it was cool and I wanted to share this. Hope to see games on MEM Sick soon!!!

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News