Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Big Grin PSP Game Decrypter - Play New Games on Old PSP Firmware

Sponsored Links
    According to French site PSPGen (linked above), Yoshihiro has made available a PSP Game Decrypter which allows users to run new PSP games on older PSP Firmware.

Prior to this, without a new PSP Custom Firmware update available those unwilling to upgrade their official PSP Firmware have been locked out of playing a lot of the new PSP games.

Yoshihiro was reportedly able to successfully play MotorStorm: Arctic Edge on 5.03GEN (PSP-3000 and PSP-2000 v3) and 5.50GEN (PSP-2000 and PSP-1000).

Download: PSP Game Decrypter

To quote, roughly translated: Today, Yoshihiro presents a tool that will please all the players in the community: Game Decrypter, which will allow owners of games requiring firmware 5.55 can play on Custom Firmwares 5.50GEN-B and 5.03GEN.

To do this, you will get the file EBOOT.BIN an ISO that you created with the utility UMDGen.

Most games asking the 5.55 can be treated with this tool. Some games (list available soon) will be impervious to manipulation, they require a patch to the image of him created to run Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny. But generally, you can finally play your own backups, without having to install official firmware.

What PSP can benefit?

The PSP Custom Firmware 5.50GEN-B. The PSP 2000-v3 and 3000 using the 5.03GEN (use mode driver in the M33 vsh menu).

PSP Game Decrypter - Play New Games on Old PSP Firmware

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Damn! hopefully this will patch Little Big Planet PSP and Gran Turismo PSP - :-)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Going to try this with Disgaea 2 and the metal gear peacewalker demo.

It worked and worked wonders! Here's an english version of the guide written to make it easier for you all:

1. Run UMDGen 4.00 and open the ISO file of the game you'd like to decrypt.
    2. Press the Extract Image button and select a new folder, for this example I will use 'C:\Persona\'
    3. Browse to the folder and then look in 'C:\Persona\PSP_GAME\SYSDIR\'
    4. Copy 'eboot.bin' and place in the root of your PSP memory stick (for example, X:\)
    5. Run the Decryptor program on the PSP and wait for it to complete (this should take only a few seconds)
    6. Browse to the newly made folder at X:\Decryptor\ and copy the newly decrypted eboot.bin back to 'C:\Persona\PSP_GAME\SYSDIR\', replacing the original eboot.bin
    8. Start a New UMDGen compilation and drag both 'PSP_GAME' and 'UMD_DATA.BIN' into the UMDGen Window
    9. Choose File Save and save to whichever file you'd like, then copy to your PSP like any other ISO file!
    Last edited by tilla; 09-30-2009 at 12:01 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have tried 3 games using this method now:

Gran Turismo - Booted to black Screen and I had to hard power it off
    Gi Joe - Booted
    Madden 2010 - the decrypter program did not do a thing to the eboot

Drakhen,

Which firmware are you using? I have been doing some reading and it seems to need GEN B.

I will be giving it a try with Gran Turismo Patched com 5 505 03GEN once my PSP has charged and I can go to GEN B.

Also it seems to need to be patched to your specific PSP (Some folks are saying you can download previously patched ISO's but you have to repatch them)

OK... still waiting on the Gran Turismo Patched com 5 505 03GEN

So tried it with [PSP]Gran_Turismo[EUR][ESPALPSP]

Patching completes ok. I can see the logo etc in the game folder but when i click run it gives me error 80020148

Will try the other iso when it comes over. The patching process is straight forward as per Tillas instructions.

Now if only i could get it to work!

P.S I went from 5.00 M33 6 to GEN A then GEN B

Edit: OK... reran the process. Now I get the game to boot. It gives me the usual game message about autosave features then the screen goes black. I have tried playing around with the UMD options in the firmware menu but none make a difference.

When the screen is black you can use the home button to exit back out to XMB.
    Last edited by IanJ; 09-30-2009 at 10:32 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I cant' make anygame to work! I think my menu definitions are all messed up!!

could someone tell me the correct definitions?

thanks!

OK... from what I can gather different people are having different results with the same ISO files.

There must be some logic but I can't see it. Will try another couple of ISO's once i sort them.

I even tried editing the version.txt file to 6.00 and all UMD modes (with and without a UMD inserted)

Quote Originally Posted by IanJ View Post
    OK... from what I can gather different people are having different results with the same ISO files.

There must be some logic but I can't see it. Will try another couple of ISO's once i sort them.

I even tried editing the version.txt file to 6.00 and all UMD modes (with and without a UMD inserted)
    Your problem is that a couple of games are LBA protected. As such you need to keep the proper offsets for the games to work. Remember that piracy is a bad thing though.

Quote Originally Posted by IanJ View Post
    Drakhen,
    Which firmware are you using? I have been doing some reading and it seems to need GEN B.
    I am using 5.00 m33-6.

I am going to look at differnet Firmwares today..

You must use 5.50GEN-B for best results, and you must export the filelist when extracting the image files for some games (not all), and then re-import the filelist once the patching is completed.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News