To quote, roughly translated: Today, Yoshihiro presents a tool that will please all the players in the community: Game Decrypter, which will allow owners of games requiring firmware 5.55 can play on Custom Firmwares 5.50GEN-B and 5.03GEN.
To do this, you will get the file EBOOT.BIN an ISO that you created with the utility UMDGen.
Most games asking the 5.55 can be treated with this tool. Some games (list available soon) will be impervious to manipulation, they require a patch to the image of him created to run Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny. But generally, you can finally play your own backups, without having to install official firmware.
What PSP can benefit?
The PSP Custom Firmware 5.50GEN-B. The PSP 2000-v3 and 3000 using the 5.03GEN (use mode driver in the M33 vsh menu).
Going to try this with Disgaea 2 and the metal gear peacewalker demo.
It worked and worked wonders! Here's an english version of the guide written to make it easier for you all:
1. Run UMDGen 4.00 and open the ISO file of the game you'd like to decrypt.
2. Press the Extract Image button and select a new folder, for this example I will use 'C:\Persona\'
3. Browse to the folder and then look in 'C:\Persona\PSP_GAME\SYSDIR\'
4. Copy 'eboot.bin' and place in the root of your PSP memory stick (for example, X:\)
5. Run the Decryptor program on the PSP and wait for it to complete (this should take only a few seconds)
6. Browse to the newly made folder at X:\Decryptor\ and copy the newly decrypted eboot.bin back to 'C:\Persona\PSP_GAME\SYSDIR\', replacing the original eboot.bin
8. Start a New UMDGen compilation and drag both 'PSP_GAME' and 'UMD_DATA.BIN' into the UMDGen Window
9. Choose File Save and save to whichever file you'd like, then copy to your PSP like any other ISO file!
Last edited by tilla; 09-29-2009 at 11:01 PMReason: Automerged Doublepost
Which firmware are you using? I have been doing some reading and it seems to need GEN B.
I will be giving it a try with Gran Turismo Patched com 5 505 03GEN once my PSP has charged and I can go to GEN B.
Also it seems to need to be patched to your specific PSP (Some folks are saying you can download previously patched ISO's but you have to repatch them)
OK... still waiting on the Gran Turismo Patched com 5 505 03GEN
So tried it with [PSP]Gran_Turismo[EUR][ESPALPSP]
Patching completes ok. I can see the logo etc in the game folder but when i click run it gives me error 80020148
Will try the other iso when it comes over. The patching process is straight forward as per Tillas instructions.
Now if only i could get it to work!
P.S I went from 5.00 M33 6 to GEN A then GEN B
Edit: OK... reran the process. Now I get the game to boot. It gives me the usual game message about autosave features then the screen goes black. I have tried playing around with the UMD options in the firmware menu but none make a difference.
When the screen is black you can use the home button to exit back out to XMB.
Last edited by IanJ; 09-30-2009 at 09:32 AMReason: Automerged Doublepost