Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PSP Firmware 5.03 ChickHEN Exploit Released by Team Typhoon

Sponsored Links
    The ChickHEN exploit (see videos HERE and HERE) Homebrew Enabler has been released!

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

To quote: 5.03 ChickHEN Homebrew Enabler - Team Typhoon (Article by Granite) So comes the release of the highly anticipated ChickHEN homebrew enabler by Team Typhoon.

After 1800 Lines of code, 4 weeks of stressful developing and countless amounts of tests the dawn of a new homebrew era for all the 3000, 2000 and 1000 users is on the horizon. What was said to be impossible by many is now a reality, all styles homebrew are now running on the "unhackable" T88v3 and TA-090 motherboards rolled out by Sony.

What does the ChickHEN do?
    ChickHEN as a Homebrew Enabler that allows the execution of homebrew via the PSP XMB. Running via a vulnerability in the lib TIFF the launcher takes advantage of the system by performing a kernel exploit and rebooting into a homebrew enabled enviroment.

The ChickHEN remains active until the PSP is fully reset in which case official firmware loads from the flash. ChickHEN unlike other HEN's doesn't touch the flash0 and resides completely in memory. The h.bin supplied in this download consists of a loader and systemex, which is a inversed order of systemctrl and rebootex

What ChickHEN does NOT do?
    -Run ISO, CSO or any other form of UMD backup.
    -Run PSX Games
    -Touch The Flash of your beloved PSP
    -Magically allow the use of Custom Firmware
    -Load plugins

How do I get the HEN to run on my PSP?

1. First off use the supplied TIFF image and place it in the PSP>PHOTO Directory.
    2. Copy h.bin over to the MS ROOT and safely remove device.
    2. Scroll over to the PHOTO icon on the XMB and click the ChickHEN folder and wait. (This will not work the first time, you may have to just use a method of loading that works for you but this is what we have found most efficient)
    3. If all goes well the screen should blank out and flash green showing that the HEN is loaded and all is well.
    4. Wait for your PSP to reboot and check your PSP's system software. It should now display: "5.03 ChickHEN".
    5. Scroll on over to GAME and enjoy some Homebrew!

Disclaimer:
    This software should not be used in conjunction with software which can enable the usage or disable the protections of copyrighted content. We will not be held responsible for any damage to your PSP system. This software comes with no warrenty.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Exclamation

Sponsored Links
    In case anyone was planning to give this a try, current word is that initial reports indicate HEN has been failing on several PSP’s (HEN loads, homebrew freezes however). Apparently there will be a new revision of HEN released later tomorrow, so it's suggested waiting to grab/try it.

That being said, probably best to hold off until then...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yes, there is a bug in the HEN released by Davee. The Homebrews don't work.

I've watched the files and I noticed that Davee have implemented the possibility to check if there is a newer version of the HEN directly in the PSP's network update.

It's a really interesting thing. Obviously the HEN must be active.

For now, unfortunately, it doesn't work, becouse he has not still uploaded the update's file on the web.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    im still confused, does this actually give end user eeprom flashability or does it just muck with the System software version and throw ChickHEN in there?

Confirming

I tried the exploit on my psp slim model TA-088v2 with original 5.01 firmware and it didn't work. I tried both the exploits for model phat and slim, just in case. It freezes and then turns off.

Then, I updated to firmware 5.03, which is supposedly the right and got the same results.

So, I'm waiting anxiously for the update.
    Anyway, great work.

Lightbulb

An unofficial fix is now available ([Register or Login to view links]) from maibrithahn, to quote:

Hey... Use this h.bin file instead the another, in my psp 2000 works perfect.

Some "byte" is wrong in the CRYPTED DISCLAIMER
    If anyone tests it out feel free to share your results below!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: rar h.rar (17.3 KB, 15 views)

Just got it working

I got it working with both the original h.bin file and the modified one. The secret is to keep pressing down when go to the picture folder. It may not work all the times, but it works. Also, not all homebrew are running as of now. But, still, absolutely great work.

hmmm. I have a slim PSP and my screen goes black and doesn't come back on. I placed the h.bin in my MP_ROOT folder. PSP 2001

got it running. just placed the 2nd h.bin directly onto memory stick. did a few trys then took about battery and placed it back in. Ran it again then it booted.

I also copied and pasted a few more of those egg photos making it a total of 10 photos. It is as if those give the .tiff file time to load. Now I can just about load it up every time.

very awesome. Thank you for this news. I waited and waited to update and now I'm glad. It was worth it.
    Last edited by Nairb; 05-06-2009 at 10:24 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thumbs Up

The official R2 update is now available, resume discussion here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/psp-ps...le-105887.html

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News