To quote: 5.03 ChickHEN Homebrew Enabler - Team Typhoon (Article by Granite) So comes the release of the highly anticipated ChickHEN homebrew enabler by Team Typhoon.
After 1800 Lines of code, 4 weeks of stressful developing and countless amounts of tests the dawn of a new homebrew era for all the 3000, 2000 and 1000 users is on the horizon. What was said to be impossible by many is now a reality, all styles homebrew are now running on the "unhackable" T88v3 and TA-090 motherboards rolled out by Sony.
What does the ChickHEN do?
ChickHEN as a Homebrew Enabler that allows the execution of homebrew via the PSP XMB. Running via a vulnerability in the lib TIFF the launcher takes advantage of the system by performing a kernel exploit and rebooting into a homebrew enabled enviroment.
The ChickHEN remains active until the PSP is fully reset in which case official firmware loads from the flash. ChickHEN unlike other HEN's doesn't touch the flash0 and resides completely in memory. The h.bin supplied in this download consists of a loader and systemex, which is a inversed order of systemctrl and rebootex
What ChickHEN does NOT do?
-Run ISO, CSO or any other form of UMD backup.
-Run PSX Games
-Touch The Flash of your beloved PSP
-Magically allow the use of Custom Firmware
How do I get the HEN to run on my PSP?
1. First off use the supplied TIFF image and place it in the PSP>PHOTO Directory.
2. Copy h.bin over to the MS ROOT and safely remove device.
2. Scroll over to the PHOTO icon on the XMB and click the ChickHEN folder and wait. (This will not work the first time, you may have to just use a method of loading that works for you but this is what we have found most efficient)
3. If all goes well the screen should blank out and flash green showing that the HEN is loaded and all is well.
4. Wait for your PSP to reboot and check your PSP's system software. It should now display: "5.03 ChickHEN".
5. Scroll on over to GAME and enjoy some Homebrew!
This software should not be used in conjunction with software which can enable the usage or disable the protections of copyrighted content. We will not be held responsible for any damage to your PSP system. This software comes with no warrenty.
In case anyone was planning to give this a try, current word is that initial reports indicate HEN has been failing on several PSP’s (HEN loads, homebrew freezes however). Apparently there will be a new revision of HEN released later tomorrow, so it's suggested waiting to grab/try it.
That being said, probably best to hold off until then...
I got it working with both the original h.bin file and the modified one. The secret is to keep pressing down when go to the picture folder. It may not work all the times, but it works. Also, not all homebrew are running as of now. But, still, absolutely great work.