Those who are seeking yet another Custom Firmware alternative to both OE and IE may also want to check out Test30's latest release: Custom Firmware 3.40 LE-A For PSP! For those curious, this Custom Firmware is dubbed LE for 'Lite Edition' and since it's new we have added some of the features below as follows:
This Custom FW is updated from an OE (first they have to install the FW 3.40 OE)
* Can flasher rco and font
* Can Activate and Deactivate the Network Update
* Can use 2 recovery the Recovery LE and OE
* First need the FW 3.40 OE-A
* Later copy the Folder 340leflasher and paste in GAME150
* Initiates the Installation
* and Done!! now this one in CFW 3.40 LE-A!!!
* The folder to Homebrew is GAMELE5
* To flasher the rco and font the path is: ms0:PSP/SYSTEM/LEFLASHER/HERE
Only time will tell what the future holds for PSP Custom Firmware... if it remains a necessity to run PSP iSOs and homebrew, the next logical step is likely a 3.51 Custom Firmware which would require the PSP 3.51 REBOOT.BIN Decrypted For PSP along with a decrypted 3.30/3.40 sysmem.prx in the msroot (then press square to decrypt all the 3.51 FW files via PSAR Dumper v0.2B 3.30 FW Mod For PSP) as neither the keys nor algorithms have changed since 3.30. The reason why it has failed up until now is because the PRX format changed, rendering Dark_AleX's extraction routine unable to recognize the new format.