- All features of 5.50GEN-B2 are avaible
- Ability to run 5.51 + games without having to patch it (UMD or ISO)
- Possibility to launch PSN demos requiring 5.51 + without having to patch them (as MGS for example)
- Possibility to connect to the Playstation Store by the using of MEDIAGO, to retrieve games and goodies without having to install Fake USB or other complicated stuff.
- Possibility to use the XGEN Updater to install the official firmware
- 6.10 (use it only if you have a Pandora XGEN to be able to return later in Custom firmware)
- 480x272 AVC Videos are supported
- Option to accelerate the reading of MS is going to be ported to 5.50GEN
this might be a nobe question. if I've bought a new PSP 2000 (if it's still in stores), do i have to just download this file and install it on the PSP to be able for example play FF7. because my PSP 1000 just broke and I'm wondering is it still easy to do it on 2000's as it was on 1000's.
5.50 GEN-D2 is coming soon according to their forums. Here is the information given:
5.50GEN-D2 Quick Updater By Yoshihiro and Team Gen.
There the fixe for the update 5.50 GEN-D2
1 : Fix Wlan TKIP in game loop : pes 2009 , fifa , motorstorm , GTA cw ect....
2 : Fix Video Output With 5.5X and 6.X Games like GTA Chinatowns War
3 : Fixed recovery menu with make Pandora and make battery normal
4 : removed splash screen http://www.pspgen.com but you have another spash screen in red color for let you know if the decrypter work.