An installation video is below, and from the included ReadMe file:
1. Connect your PSP to the computer in USB Mode when you have loaded ChickHEN R2.
2. Unzip 5.03GEN-A_for_HEN.zip on your desktop by example
3. double-click on LAUNCH-ME.exe (GUI)
4. PSP Model: choose options PSP-2000 or PSP-3000 (depends of your PSP)
5. Mode: Choose option FULL
6. PSP Install : Choose option YES
7. push START.
8. the files are copied on your PSP.
9. Disconnect the PSP from USB.
10. Launch the main EBOOT.PBP using ChickHEN R2 (only R2! NOT R1!).
11. When the app load, press L or R to flash the firmware in your flash. YOU ONLY NEED MAKE IT ONE TIME!
12. Press () to reboot in the custom firmware.
- When you installed the custom firmware in your flash you can remove the "files" folder in the MS ROOT. For your own safety, is better that you rename or erase the prx called "flasher.prx" in the MAIN APP folder to avoid wrong flash times.
- If you shutdown the machine or the psp crash, you will need use again ChickHEN R2 to load the main app and press O to reboot in the custom firmware, but if you dont shutdown the machine you are in the custom firmware forever.
- In recovery mode after the option "Configuration" the option selected is the next option. For example, Advanced is CPU Speed, etc. This is a problem with the original recovery, because I dont have the code is very difficult find the problem.
REMEMBER! THIS APP DONT TOUCH ANY FILE FROM THE ORIGINAL FIRMWARE! IS YOUR FAULT IF YOU LATER CONNECT TO THE FLASH0 AND TOUCH SOME OFFICIAL FILE AND YOU HAVE A BRICK!
awww jeze now I can't go back to my CFW enabler 2.1
I tried this and it would go to a blank screen and not restart in custom firmware and the system went off. So I was like, hmm this isn't working. So I then loaded hen back up and CFW enabler 2.1 it now goes into a blank screen.
I have psp 2001. 5.03 firmware.
now I can't play anymore homebrew
having problems getting chickHEN to load now too.
Edit: can get chickHEN to load but not the CFW Enabler 2.1. I load it says loading and goes into blank screen.
Last edited by Nairb; 06-07-2009 at 12:11 PMReason: Automerged Doublepost
I wish there was an undo function. I've tried every option I could with the thing. I can not go back.
Edit: fixed it. I copied CFW enabler 1 back and I can play again. Shew. I was really flipping out thought there was no way.
Let this be a warning and a way to fix if you have the same problem!
Good luck and congrats to the 3000 users out there!!!
Edit: I tried to get CFW 2.1 to load up and it did. But this will not change the version it loads it up as though there is a custom firmware enabler 1 on here, 5.00 M33 insted of 5.03 M33 as it was before the patch with the 5.03 GEN-A and I could not get pops enabler to enable.
I would like to get this thing to the way it was before. Seems my flash is out of wack or something.
in doing some research I found I could format flash 1. Could that correct my problem?
Last edited by Nairb; 06-07-2009 at 02:33 PMReason: Automerged Doublepost