Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PSP Custom Firmware 5.00 M33-6 Now Available!

Sponsored Links
    Sony PSP hacker Dark_AleX has updated his M33 Custom Firmware today to M33-6. This update addresses a Memory Stick issue, and the included fat_comparison.html compares the speed of each driver.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] [Mirror]

Changes in 5.00 M33-6:

- Fixed a bug that made unbootable psp without memory stick or with a bad one.

The included file fat_comparison.html contains a comparison of perfomance between the 5.00 fat driver, the 3.71 one, and the 5.00 one with the speed up hack during the read of an iso.

The test was done on the game Valkyrie Profile in cso format in march33 mode. Other games, modes and applications different than iso reading showed similar results.

Instructions: Copy UPDATE folder /PSP/GAME/ and run.

If you come from a version prior to 5.00 M33, put sony update as 500.PBP in same folder, or let the program download it for you using a wifi connection.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

:D

Sponsored Links
    Awesome!

I am installing right now! Thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    nice... 10x. good update. I hope it will fix my problem on M33-4

Cheers man. The speedup hack sounds like a great addition.

guess is time to take out the psp from the dust closet!! lol

5.02 GEN firmware is better than 5.00, it has recovery menu access in vsh menu and pandora battery options in recovery menu.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroOnFire View Post
    5.02 GEN firmware is better than 5.00, it has recovery menu access in vsh menu and pandora battery options in recovery menu.
    LOL its not any better, my 5.00 M33-6 has those options too its called Ultimate VHS menu plugin.

GEN-A 5.02 just includes this. nothing special

Quote Originally Posted by JeffJ View Post
    LOL its not any better, my 5.00 M33-6 has those options too its called Ultimate VHS menu plugin.

GEN-A 5.02 just includes this. nothing special
    You prefer to use plugin, but it's already embedded in 5.02. I like it that way. Plus, if you use plugin, your psp's memory will decrease.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroOnFire View Post
    You prefer to use plugin, but it's already embedded in 5.02. I like it that way. Plus, if you use plugin, your psp's memory will decrease.
    for the size of the plugin its not a big deal and if it is for you. place it in flash then rather then plugins.

bottom line is if thats the only reason you thing GEN-A 5.02 is better then its so minuscule its a mute point. especially for 11 kilobytes lol that 11kb of used ram is not going to save your day in a game if you keep it free.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News