has updated to CFW 3.72 HX-2 today! Below are the translated release notes:
http://www.elotrolado.net/attachment.php?s=&postid=1709816806 / http://www.elotrolado.net/attachment.php?s=&postid=1709816847
MINI UPDATE INSTALLATION: This updater will update your 3.72 HX-1 to 3.72 HX-2.
Put the EBOOT.PBP in the folder PSP/GAME/UPDATE.Run it, it will flash the new files.
FULL UPDATE INSTALLATION: This update will install 3.72 HX-2 on PSP's from 3.71 M33-1 to 3.
Put the EBOOT.PBP and the umodule.prx in the folder PSP/GAME/UPDATE together with the 3.72 original EBOOT.PBP renamed to 372.PBP. Run the updater and follow the instructions.
CHANGES IN THE UPDATER:
- This new updater will prevent that the user shuts the psp down or put it in stand by, some people requested it.
- The new updater will save your recovery configuration for 3.72 HX-2, so no need to put all from 0.
In case the updater can't get the config, put these in enabled:
- skip sony logo
- hide corrupt icons
- Sony UMD mode
- The updater will check if some of the components are corrupt, this was a user request too.
- Contains the latest 3.71 M33-3 changes.
- The file vshctrl.prx IS NOT the one from Dark_AleX, It's coded by me after reversing it 100%.
The exported functions from the vshctrl.prx are the same like the 3.71 M33-3 SDK, plus two more:
1. int vctrlVSHEraseIsoCache (const char* path) -> Lets you erase the cache from an iso created by the CF. If the parameter is empty "", it will erase the whole cache, not just from one iso.
The iso cache will not be created in the memorystick.It will be in the flash1. I made this function to test stuff faster. Gives a 0 si if it deletes correctly else it will give -1.
2. int vctrlVSHMakeCFDirs() -> Lets you create the custom firmware directories,in case you dont have them (GAME150, GAME372...) in the memstick. Good if you have a pandora memstick and cant format the ms but dont want to create all directories by hand.
- Only one vshctrl.prx for both psp models. In 3.71 M33-3 and others there was a vshctrl for the fat and an other one for the slim because they have slight changes. This new vshctrl will detect if you got SLIM or FAT.
- Other non important changes in the code.
PS. I dont have much time, so I still have to update a lot of stuff of the custom firmware, create a new recovery, etc,
I release this update because, 1- For the people that believe in me and have 3.72 hx-1 so they can have the new 3.71 M33-3 features and to show the people that i dont just do hex edit, you can see it reversing the vshctrl if you dont believe.
More PlayStation 3 News