Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PSP Battery Memory

Sponsored Links
    Because the psp has a rechargable battery, it has to run the risk of battery memory, doesn't it? Has anyone had any problems with this? Do psp battery dischargers exist?

scavenger

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Just play it or leave it to run flat! The standard psp battery is pretty crap anyways!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Nope, battery memories have been almost completely eliminated.

PSP uses the L-ion batt, which cant get a memory, so it will be fine. I charge mine when I feel like it. I have not seen any customers come back to use with sony items with batt mem problems for over 6 years now.

That good to hear, thanks

Yea Lith-ions supposidly dont have memory, but imo its a good idea to every once in a blue moon run it dead and then do a full charge to "reset" the battery.

The best way to keep Lithium Ion batteries is at 50%. NEVER run it to zero! This will severely cripple your battery's life. NiCD batteries were good to run to zero as they had 'battery memory'. The only down side to Li-Ions is that they gas inside them continues to slowly degenerate the moment they are made. If you have a spare Li-Ion battery you arent using, run it down to around 40 - 50%, seal it in a bag and freeze it. This will prolong it's life.

"A lithium-ion battery provides 300-500 discharge/charge cycles. The battery prefers a partial rather than a full discharge. Frequent full discharges should be avoided when possible. Instead, charge the battery more often or use a larger battery. There is no concern of memory when applying unscheduled charges.

Although lithium-ion is memory-free in terms of performance deterioration, batteries with fuel gauges exhibit what engineers refer to as "digital memory". Here is the reason: Short discharges with subsequent recharges do not provide the periodic calibration needed to synchronize the fuel gauge with the battery's state-of-charge. A deliberate full discharge and recharge every 30 charges corrects this problem. Letting the battery run down to the cut-off point in the equipment will do this. If ignored, the fuel gauge will become increasingly less accurate. "

Thats from the battery website listed by F34R (thanks for the site btw!) so a full discharge isnt bad if you are trying to recalibrate the battery (like stated above every 30 recharges), its if you do it many times over and over. Apple recommends this with their laptops and so does gateway.

Wow I never knew any of this stuff. I love this web site learning something knew everytime I'm on here.

yeah it was one of the MAIN selling points for the service plan at bestbuy, when I worked there. Too bad most of the 16yr olds telling you this there, dont realize that the PSP's PRP (Product replacement plan) does NOT cover the battery.

Got mine two days before launch and was told that, then what do you know bad pixels. So I took it back, and forgot the pouch and battery. Lets just say the little girl at the counter didnt notice either.

3rd party PSP battery

Hi, saw a 3rd party 2600mAh PSP battery selling at about 3/4 the price of a orginal $ony 2200mAh. Does anyone have any experience using 3rd party battries for PSP, am referring to the internal ones (same size as the orginal)? Btw, can't remember the brand I saw but the dealer said that it really last much longer than the orginal. Thx for all advice in advance.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News