Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Good stuff I had been wondering the same question. Thanks all.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Nice info- Thanks!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Is it true that Sony have brought out a new battery that had a longer life? The original battery I was given with the PSP is starting to become a pain in the asss!!! I am sick of getting to a critical stage of a game just to see the flashing battery icon appear in front of my eyes.

Any info is much appreciated and good discussion thread!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    so what % is best to charge my PSP

Ya i charge my PSP at least once a day and im pretty sure it still has the same power as it did when i bought the thing,.

Good learning from this post.Thanks.

i think it was stated that between 40-50% of battery life should be charged then as it is a litium-ion battery...

Stick Out Tongue

Quote Originally Posted by northernpimp View Post
    "A lithium-ion battery provides 300-500 discharge/charge cycles. The battery prefers a partial rather than a full discharge. Frequent full discharges should be avoided when possible. Instead, charge the battery more often or use a larger battery. There is no concern of memory when applying unscheduled charges.

Although lithium-ion is memory-free in terms of performance deterioration, batteries with fuel gauges exhibit what engineers refer to as "digital memory". Here is the reason: Short discharges with subsequent recharges do not provide the periodic calibration needed to synchronize the fuel gauge with the battery's state-of-charge. A deliberate full discharge and recharge every 30 charges corrects this problem. Letting the battery run down to the cut-off point in the equipment will do this. If ignored, the fuel gauge will become increasingly less accurate. "

Thats from the battery website listed by F34R (thanks for the site btw!) so a full discharge isnt bad if you are trying to recalibrate the battery (like stated above every 30 recharges), its if you do it many times over and over. Apple recommends this with their laptops and so does gateway.
    yep.. had battery problems 2 weeks ago.... my original psp battery died after 7mths of constant usage.. ie... charged it full... played it till it flashed green... charged it full... non-stop 7mths... it dead now.

when it dead i started lookin in every website about li-ion batteries.. and its true... better to charge it around 60% n try not to discharge it to often... as it stuffs up li-ion batteries... if only i found this info out b4 mine died... now i've got 2 2200mah batteries.. lol... with a external charger from ebay.... $18 aud each.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News