Version 1.1 is a bugfix update that fixes an issue with category detection.
Game Categories Light 1.0 by Bubbletune (for 6.20 TN only)
(Changes 1.0->1.1: Fixed DLC's (PARAM.PBP) and random files being detected as categories)
The latest generation in the Game Categories plugin series.
Use this to categorize your games/homebrew any way you like.
- Adds a new option called 'By Category' to your 'Group Content' menu.
- Adds the 'By Category' option in the Square-button cycling.
- Defaults to the 'By Category' option when you load the menu.
- Introduces a subtitle that shows the game type and firmware limits.
1) Create X:/seplugins if it doesn't exist.
2) Create X:/seplugins/vsh.txt if it doesn't exist and edit it by adding one of these on a new line:
PSPgo (built-in storage):
3) Reboot your PSP using 'RESTART VSH' in the vshmenu so the HEN is maintained.
1) Create new folders in /PSP/GAME named after the categories you'd like them to be.
2) Move any homebrew or games you want in them inside.
3) If corrupt data starts showing, decrease the length of the filenames of your homebrew. There is a (harsh) sce limit that gets hit easily when the category name length is counted in.
- As I'm sure people will want this: create X:/seplugins/hide_uncategorized.txt (empty) to hide uncategorized folder (will also hide it's contents).
- For those who used older Game Categories versions: the CAT_ prefix is no longer used, categories are auto-detected by checking for an EBOOT.PBP inside.
- This is a complete rewrite from scratch and does not contain code from the original Game Categories.
Merry christmas and a happy new year everyone!