Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i was gonna make a thread about this asking if ne companies were planning on porting some psx games, like metalgear solid and tekken series would be perfect, and theres already a great fanbase and its not like the companies have to make a new game from the ground up, its a great idea

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninkul
    Square should just plain ol' port FFVII to PSP, i mean really... how many people here would get it?
    I'd be the first to camp outside my nearest gamestore .

Death

Sponsored Links

PS3 Cross Button Playstation Emulator

Sponsored Links
    I heard today that a psx emulator is in the works and currently running at 4-5 fps. since i don't know much do you guys think it can run at full speed on the psp? it would be awsome to play some portable FFVII.

Yeah, site news today! This is a very great day for the PSP. 2 great announcements.

I think I read somewhere on this site that, with all dummy files removed, FF7 is only about 450 MB total. That would easily fit on a stick.

I would love to be able to play tekken 3 or soul blade on an emulator, or better, as an official release, but the franchises have changed since those games were released. The Soul Edge series changed it's face in a big way with Soul Calibur, so, with Soul Calibur 3 on the way, Soul Blade seems kind of silly. The newer generation of SC2 players will be missing their favorite characters, and may not even recognize the game as a precursor.

But there's no reason they still couldn't release old games as new again. Look at the GBA NES classics collection. I'd pay for Tomb Raider or Destruction Derby or Twisted Metal 2.

Of course, bringing out classics at this early stage in the system's life would be a sad move, so as to say "We're giving up on pushing this systems potential, and retiring it, but here are some 7 year old games."

PS1 emu

Anyone get this to work, although I know it will run extremly slow, but I put it on my PSP an i also got a bios from a website and i put it in the bios directory on my PC.

Then i used Kxploit to but the .pbp file on the PSP, but when i start it just goes to a black screen and stays there.. anyone have any progress how, maybe some tips to get it workin a bit?

it doesnt run that great on a pc so i doubt that it will be all that great for the psp, maybe with more developments.

Quote Originally Posted by Mxg
    Anyone get this to work, although I know it will run extremly slow, but I put it on my PSP an i also got a bios from a website and i put it in the bios directory on my PC.

Then i used Kxploit to but the .pbp file on the PSP, but when i start it just goes to a black screen and stays there.. anyone have any progress how, maybe some tips to get it workin a bit?
    Runs fine on my PSP. About half a frame a second, better looking than I expected though, alpha and antialaising seem to work, the screen is offcenter to the left, but it looks good.

Obviously you need a 1.5 psp.

You need to make sure you have the folder in your psp/game dir named PSPSONE. Run the kploit tool, then copy all the files into the PSPSONE dir. DON'T replace the patched eboot with the old one accidently! Put the boot.bin file in the bios dir and make sure its named right (scph1001.bin) Also remember when loaded that the demo is running very slow right now.

Hope that helps.

Anyword from the developer on the progress of it ? Or will it die like VBA ?

yeah cause vba project died really quick.

Possibility of Porting single PS1 games to PSP.

Well we know it is possible so far with such titles such as Breath of Fire 3. But I wanted to know if it was posssible to like port some basic 2D titles to the psp like Castlevania Symphony Of the Night or other basic looking titles. It would be great since the PS1 emu for the PSP seems to have been scrapped, and I was really looking foward to it.
    Anyone know if it can be done ?

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News