Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PS VitaUpdateBlocker - Alternative to Charles Proxy Trick by IAmGhost

Sponsored Links
    Following up on the recent PS Vita Exploit Games for Firmware 3.01 and 3.10, this weekend PlayStation Vita developer iAmGhost made available an alternative to the Charles Proxy Trick dubbed VitaUpdateBlocker for PS Vita homebrew users followed by v1.1 and v1.2 with details below.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / Activating Your PlayStation / PS Vita TV Without Updating Guide by sogarth

To quote: I felt that Charles Proxy Trick is useful but little bit complicated, so I wrote this small application. This application does what Charles Proxy Trick does but without hassle.

Also this is Python based cross-platform application so you can even install this application to 24/7 running server to access PSN anywhere.

Portable Version:

You can get portable executable for Windows here:

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

Troubleshooting:

If you're having problem with downloading large files at PSN, follow these steps:
    • Open Store application with proxy setting.
    • When store main loads, go settings application and disable proxy without killing Store app.
    • Back to Store app and download files.

Requirements:

To use VitaUpdateBlocker you need these requirements (portable version users can ignore this)
    • Python 2.7.6 (Python 3 is not supported due to compatibility with mitmproxy)
    • mitmproxy (mitmproxy.org)

Finally, from Smoke: I got a bug for you:

[Register or Login to view code]

Edit: This fixed it:

[Register or Login to view code]

Instructions:
    • Start vita_update_blocker.exe (or python vita_update_blocker.py)
    • Open Settings app on your Vita, Go to Network-Wi-Fi Setting-AP Name-Advances Settings.
    • Change proxy settings to iport that shown on VitaUpdateBlocker.
    • Save settings and open PS Store application.
    • You'll see front page of store, go Settings app again and disable proxy.
    • Download contents from store or play games online.

Options:
    • --port <PORT>: customize port, default is 127.0.0.1.
    • --block-traffics: blocks all traffics except for update information. This will be useful if you're going to make public server.

Changelog v1.1:

For old version users: VitaUpdateBlocker is updated to v1.1, which fixes online gaming, friend list, and more. See github page for new download link and instructions.

PS VitaUpdateBlocker - Alternative to Charles Proxy Trick by IAmGhost

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Activating Your PlayStation / PS Vita TV Without Updating Guide

Sponsored Links
    Activating Your PlayStation / PS Vita TV Without Updating Guide by sogarth (via wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?p=368150#p368150)

Activating and getting onto PSN are not the same thing. This will get you the former, which will let you play games you've purchased on PSN, including those with exploits. It will not let you sign on to PSN.

You will need:
    • A PlayStation/Vita TV (obviously). I'll be simply referring to this as the Vita TV from hereon out.
    • A PlayStation 3.
    • Some game you've bought from PSN (probably a firmware 3.18 exploit game).

On your computer:

1. Grab a copy of VitaUpdateBlocker and start running it.
    • If you're running Windows, I'd suggest using the download link under Portable Version.
    • Also if you're running Windows, when you run the program, if it asks if it should allow access via the firewall, the answer is yes (if you're running the Windows Firewall, it'll also pop up a User Account Control (UAC) dialog, to which you should approve).

On your PlayStation 3:

1. Download your PSN game onto your PlayStation 3.

On your Vita TV:

1. Set up your Vita TV as usual, setting it up with your PSN account, but not updating it. It's probably safest to disable automatic downloading of firmware updates while the network cable's unplugged ()

2. Set up your Vita TV to use your computer as a network proxy (Settings ⇒ Network ⇒Internet Connection Settings ⇒ LAN Cable ⇒ Advanced Settings, Proxy Server: Use, Address: your computer's IP, as reported by VitaUpdateBlocker).

3. Launch Content Manager and connect to your PlayStation 3 (Content Manager ⇒ Copy Content ⇒ PS3 System ⇒ [whatever your PlayStation 3 is called, by default "PS3"] → [enter the code shown by your PlayStation 3]).

4. Copy your game from the PlayStation 3 to your Vita TV (Copy Content/PS3 System → PS Vita TV System ⇒ Applications ⇒ Applications/PSP/Other ⇒ Applications Downloaded on the PS3 System).

5. Launch your game from newly downloaded game from Home. Congratulations! Your Vita TV on not-current firmware has now been activated on PSN!

6. You might as well revert the proxy settings from earlier so that you don't have to keep running the proxy (set Proxy Server: Do Not Use).

On your computer:

1. You can close VitaUpdateBlocker now.

2. You can delete it too, but it might come in handy later (see below).

On your Vita TV:

1. Why are you still reading this? Start having fun!

Notes:

If you need, you should also be able to copy any other content onto your Vita TV (such as exploit game save files), especially since you can also take advantage of this mechanism to connect your Vita TV to a computer running OpenCMA.

Miscellaneous musings:
    • I'm sorry if you've updated your Vita TV to firmware 3.30, thinking that your firmware 3.18 Vita TV couldn't have an exploit on it. I cobbled this together less than an hour ago, after spending a few hours trying to figure out how to activate a Vita TV that's not on current firmware.
    • Those of us with Vita TVs have found that activating the Vita TV has been a confluence of a few problems (below).
    • The usual way of activating a Vita on older firmware is to put it in airplane mode, plug launch it against OpenCMA connected via USB, switch that USB cable to a PlayStation 3, then copy over a game. But the Vita TV doesn't offer a USB transfer mode.
    • The Vita TV does have a memory card slot. But a game activated on a different Vita isn't able to activate a Vita TV's PSN account.
    • The Vita TV can try to connect to a PlayStation 3 or a computer running CMA. But it checks for an Internet connection to check for a firmware update, and refuses to connect if it can't connect to the Internet.
    • If you do manage to get it to connect to OpenCMA (honestly, I don't even remember how I pulled that one off now), and you restore a game backup... that doesn't activate a Vita TV's PSN account either.
    • This is when I remembered that with the OpenCMA method, the PlayStation 3 is responsible for tweaking the game so that it can activate the Vita... and that the PlayStation 3 still has network access during this time. So what happens if all that happens is the Vita TV can't check for updates, but everything else stays the same? Which is what this is. Huzzah!

Sponsored Links