Following up on his previous
release, today PlayStation Vita homebrew developer deroad
has updated PS VitaTools to version 1.05 with the changes outlined below.
Download: https://github.com/wargio/vitatool/zipball/master / https://github.com/wargio/vitatool/tarball/master (Mirror) / https://github.com/wargio/vitatool
To quote: well, I implemented a little of my tools for the vita console. here is the changelog:
- pkg_reader (unfinished and bugged)
- pkg_reader fixed and fully working pupunpack!!
- pupunpack has been updated to unpack the PUP inside a folder called: NAME_UPDATE.PUP_0
- initial version of unpkg. for now it is NOT able to decrypt pkg. it just extract the main parts.
- deleted some id on the pupunpack
- pkg_reader is still unfinished
- added security_1 to pupunpack
- added readself. it show information about the Playstation Vita Signed Executable and Linkable Format.
- Updated readself. now shows more infos about selfs.
- Updated pupunpack. corrected some ID stuff (a self 0x200 is sprx, same for 0x204. it is a self).
- Updated readself. again more infos about selfs.
why I updated pupunpack? while testing the readself I found that what I though that was a sprx was a self and the self one was a sprx. so I had to update it. (all the info about what is a self and what is a prx comes from http://www.sco.com/developers/gabi/latest/ch4.eheader.html)
what readself do now? it's still sperimental. it obvioulsy have bugs since i have never done reverse engineering, so this is quite new for me, but it display some useful info (for me).
as i always do, i hope that these tools can be really useful someday.
More PlayStation 3 News