Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PS Vita System Software Update v2.02 Arrives, Details Available

Sponsored Links
    Just a few weeks after their PS Vita Firmware v2.01 release, Sony has now updated the PlayStation Vita System Software to version 2.02.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

While there is no official changelog yet, below are some brief details from TerminalGamer.com (linked above) on PS Vita System Software Update v2.02, to quote:

"Possible fix for LittleBigPlanet Cross Controller issue.

Update: Still no connectivity between the PS3 and Vita with LBP2

Will update with more info as we test it out."

From wololo (via wololo.net/2012/12/19/psvita-ofw-2-02-out/): The PSVita OFW 2.02 has been released. As usual it is just ‘minor bug fixes’. At the moment, it is not forced.

This update seems to be safe. I have gotten in touch with The Z and he has confirmed that everything still works fine on 2.02, it seems like this one really is just some minor bug fixes.

The Z took the time to make some videos of eCFW running on 2.02:

So, it is ok to update! Now just sit tight and wait for Ninja Claus!

In related news PlayStation Vita hacker SKFU (via streetskaterfu.blogspot.com/2012/12/so-yeah.html) stated the following regarding PS Vita Firmware update 2.02, to quote: "...VHBL is not the only thing working on 2.02 "

Finally, below is a purported video of what may be another PS Vita 2.02 Hello World via PSP Emu exploit from zaiii for those interested:

PS Vita System Software Update v2.02 Arrives, Details Available

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I've updated and found nothing new except PSM is updated to 1.02. Not sure they need a full update just to update PSM as that can be updated by itself.

I"m still waiting for the bugs to be fixed. Like the PS button lighting up for no reason, notifications when friends come online even when you've turned that option off, notifications showing for other turned off options.

And the PS button light on lockup. When its in standby mode and the PS button is constant light on and it refuses to turn on. You have to hold the power button then go through the recovery menu just to get back.

I'm guessing its another behind the scenes "Blocks exploits" update. Someone must've leaked something recently.

Sponsored Links

Arrow

Sponsored Links
    I have now added the wololo updates to the main article as well... it appears safe to update to v2.02, and according to them a Christmas surprise may be incoming also.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    ok so I really hope for an answer but Im still on like 1.80 because I bought the monster hunter game for 19.99 if I update I lose that exploit am i right?? Everyone says its safe but should I stay where I'm at is the cfw available on the firmware I am in right now I'm a lil confused.

For the moment I would stay where you are. When the next exploit comes out then update and you will still have homebrew.

It'll only be a few days/weeks away so why lose eCFW.

ok so if I may I believe I have all the files needed now do you know like the steps I need to take to get Iso's running on the vita with this cfw

patiently waiting for ninja claus to release the new exploited game to regain psn access. Until it's released there is no need to update. i'm very happy with the mad blocker exploit and playing assassins creed.

Quote Originally Posted by StanSmith View Post
    notifications when friends come online even when you've turned that option off, notifications showing for other turned off options.
    Do you have a PS3 with the same PSN account and if yes have you changed your notifications settings there after you've set it on your Vita? If yes - that's most likely what's causing this as those are linked together and changing settings on one system will affect the other and vice versa.

The funniest part is that while PS3 is still missing the advanced notification options Vita has (in the menus so you can't actually configure it directly on PS3 itself) is still actually adhere to those set on Vita.

hi all, can i update the vita from 1.06 to 2.02 from the downloaded firmware on this thread? if yes can someone guide me pls

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News