Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS Vita .PKG xTractor 1.00 Homebrew App by SKFU is Released

Sponsored Links
    Following up on his recent PS Vita Firmware xTractor releases, today PlayStation Vita hacker SKFU has made available a PS Vita .PKG xTractor version 1.00 homebrew application for developers followed by v1.01.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror)

From his page: After two sleepless nights and great help of iQD and PS3-690, finally the PS VITA .pkg xTractor application 1.00 is finished. This program can decrypt & extract PS VITA game package (.pkg) files.

To use the program you need to place the PS VITA .pkg AES key in the same dir as the executable. Funny as SONY is, they probably were to lazy to think of a new key and just used *hehe*, the PSP .pkg AES key.

Information tab not finished, yet. It will be completed in next version. So just put the PSP .pkg AES key in hex syntax in aes.key file in the same folder and you are ready to go.

Another thing worth to mention is that thanks to GregoryRasputin the PS VITA developer wiki is now online. For now it's near empty but I hope it will fill fast: vitadevwiki.com

PS VITA .PKG Content Structure

At the moment I try to get a first overview about all filetypes, structures and as the basic research on the firmware file (.pup) is done, I continue with PS VITA package (.pkg) files.

Due the next days I plan to open a wiki for devs about the PS VITA, then I will summarize and publish more specific information about all I my research.

For now here's an overview about the PS VITA game package file content structure:

Update: SKFU has now updated (streetskaterfu.blogspot.de/2012/07/psv-pkg-xtractor-original-is-back.html) his PS Vita .PKG xTractor to version 1.01 with the following changes:

Since every mirror of the original release is offline, I decided to update the application and re-release it. Here you go with version 1.01

ChangeLog:
    • Re-Release
    • Updated crypto lib
    • Content type check added
    • Extended menu

Note: PKG xTractor is only capable of decrypting .PKG files encrypted with the same key set as the PSP. (Very few .PKG files)

Finally, from wololo's blog (wololo.net/2012/07/19/release-ps-vita-pkg-xtractor-1-01-by-skfu/) to quote:

SKFU updated his tool PS Vita pkg extractor to version 1.01. He did this release mostly because all previous mirrors had disappeared since the megaupload takedown, but there is no “juicy” new feature.

PS Vita pkg extractor extracts PS Vita .pkg files. It also has some code to decrypt them, but that feature only worked for very early packages, when the encryption key was the same as that of the PSP.

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

PS-Vita-.pkg-xTractor.gif  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well I certainly do hope the PS vita scene doesn't become similar to the PS3 scene with all the drama and annoying PS3 devs.

Anyways here is a mirror link in case the MU one gets taken down (like it usually does) - [Register or Login to view links].

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for the mirror HeyManHRU and +Rep, I will add it to the OP now.

Is it really going to be as easy as this to hack the PsVita? I would have thought the security would be tight and I'm shocked if its that easy.

I'm guessing no, these are probably just homebrew ports of the PS Vita (Sony) dev tools... a PS Vita SDK leak would be interesting though.

Banned User
    But how, can PS Vita tools be available publicly before the PS Vita is available publicly? Does someone have a time machine?

That is an easy one, they were sent to PS Vita developers who work for Sony directly (or third party developers) long ago. Basically the people who make the games for the console have them, and some of those people moonlight as hackers and leak the tools, etc.

oh i get it now

where I can get PSV OFW's and pkgs?

I would suggest devs to concentrate on the PS3 first before hacking new devices ...

This scene has no logic whatsoever.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News