Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PS Vita Firmware / System Software Update v1.65 Arrives, Details

Sponsored Links
    Sony Network Entertainment VP Eric Lempel has announced today that PS Vita Firmware / System Software update v1.65 is incoming alongside details on the changes in it outlined below.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

Update: Sony has now removed PS Vita update v1.65 from PlayStation Network due to a technical fault related to adhoc play in PSP titles.

To quote: Hi, everyone. The next PS Vita System Software Update (v1.65) will be released soon and will include the following minor enhancements:

• A "Notification Alert" option will be added to Settings, so you can toggle alerts on or off
    • "After 10 minutes" will be added to the time options under Power Save Settings
    • An Arrow icon will now appear when PS Vita finds new activities in the LiveArea
    • Caps Lock will be supported in the On Screen Keyboard

Don't forget: there are several ways to update the firmware on your PS Vita:

Select "System Update" under the "Settings" menu and download the firmware directly to your PS Vita over Wi-Fi.

Connect your PS Vita to a PS3 or a PC/Mac and update via Content Manager.

Finally, from [Register or Login to view links] on the PlayStation Vita v1.65 update to quote:

"I just updated to 1.65 f/w. I knew it might be a problem, but decided I wanted access to PS Store more than I wanted the homebrew stuff.

Result - no more access to homebrew, so DON'T upgrade to 1.65 if you want to keep VHBL working.

Praed0r

PS - The game reports that the save file is corrupted and won't allow the game to run before you allow it to create a new savegame.

I tried re-installing the game and the exploit, the open file manager still allows the exploit to be copied over, but the game still insists the save file is corrupt - so preventing VHBL from initiating.

Got to get to bed now, catch you all later."

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Indeed not for EU yet ... the funniest part is that even if you have Japanese Vita but logged into EU / UK account it will not update ... unless indeed you want to tinker with redirection.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    1.65 has been pulled by Sony.

some are saying the update fixes the problem with PS+ minis not loading on vita.

I like this bit "For any customers who may have already downloaded the firmware, they can continue as normal." then why was it pulled?

i update my psvita to 1.65 before sony pulled it

this update has many bugs
    Last edited by lele0o0o; 04-03-2012 at 02:32 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

PS Vita Firmware / System Software Update v1.66 Arrives, Details

Following up on PS Vita Firmware v1.65, today Sony has released PS Vita System Software update v1.66 with details being added below.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

For those curious, Sony has removed PS Vita update v1.65 from PlayStation Network due to a technical fault related to adhoc play in PSP titles.

While there is no official changelog posted yet PlayStation Vita Firmware 1.66 is expected to remedy this issue for users.

Additionally, some users are reporting that if you want to snag older free Minis that you got with your subscription, you're able to delete the non-functioning existing version and replace it with a fresh download.

As always, more details will be posted when they are available!

More PlayStation 3 News...

Has anyone has any issues with their Vita running on FW 1.66? Upon playing Uncharted: Golden Abyss for maybe 10 or 12 min my Vita shut completely off. It was already fully charged too.

I updated to 1.66 to add my plus minis but it isn't working for me. I can't download them on the vita and I can't add them from the PS3 through content manager. hmmm

PSN+ Minis works fine for me. Just look them up on Download list in Store on Vita - this has been definitely fixed.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News