Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by cfwprophet View Post
    No offence meant but why MAC ? I hate Apple so much unbelievable
    I knew somebody would say that it's because i work on Mac OS (iMac dual boot with redhat) for personal projects nothing to do with the PS Vita. Anyway what i said it can work on Linux and also on windows -> ( [Register or Login to view links] )

That's why i was talking about Mac Users

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I know about python on win but i thought you maybe use a mac compiled binare to do something after hooking up the connection. So it's just for the communication with python

Every thing else is to time up to us.

Sponsored Links

Video: Doom PSP Homebrew Game Running on PS Vita via HBL

Sponsored Links
    It wasn't long ago that we saw a Sega emulator running on PlayStation Vita, and now homebrew developer wololo has shared a video of the Doom PSP homebrew game running on PS Vita though the Half Byte Loader ([Register or Login to view links]).

To quote: A year and a half ago when I got Doom for PSP to run on the PSP Go, website hackaday noticed it and said “[being able to run Doom is] a prerequisite for any cracked device”. Some people try to run Linux on their hardware at all cost, I prefer Doom.

Today I was able to tweak HBL a bit on the PS Vita to get Doom to run on it. Will I get hackaday’s attention this time too? That’s, hands down, the best fps available on the vita so far, check the video below!

We are aware that this hack will be easily patched by Sony, but we still plan to publicly release it some time soon after the US/EU release of the Vita (we still have to port HBL to the EU/US versions of the game but that shouldn’t have any difficulty).

I also know that some devs are already working on solutions to make it “easier” for people who would want to stay on a low firmware. I wouldn’t be surprised to see unofficial patches to the CMA, to prevent it from connecting to the net.

Let me use the opportunity to remind that HBL is a collective work, it is open source (anybody with a PSVita, a PSP, and a game exploit in their possession could do what I’m doing here!), and I want to especially thank the major work of m0skit0 (the creator of HBL) and JJS (who brought it to the level it is today).

I also want to remind pirates around us that HBL does not technically allow people to run backups, PSP or Vita. (My opinion on the subject does not matter, it is a technical limitation of the tool, and has nothing to do with ethics.)

Happy New Year

Video: Doom PSP Homebrew Game Running on PS Vita via HBL

More PlayStation 3 News...

Let me explain what i do.

Connect the PS Vita on USB Port iMac
    Launch terminal command -> ioreg -Src IOUSBDevice (i know that with this command the PS Vita is recognized but doesn't have enough information)
    Launch USB Prober (USB Prober is included with Xcode, you can find it on the /Developer/Applications/)
    Finally now with USB Prober i have the information i need about the USB PS Vita (the endpoints and all the stuff that can help to communicate with the PS Vita)

The Python/PyUSB part, it's to send and receive information from the PS Vita (endpoints in -> receive, endpoints out -> send) as you can see on my log file, we know what is the endpoints of the PS Vita, the idvendor/idproduct is there to help too and we can make a host-side driver but i'm not suppose to go that far and have an alternative.

THX for teaching me and +rep fo ya

I forgot.

About the OpenCMA, it's not enough to prevent any updates, you also need to add the ip/Sony server to your hosts files.

Example :

If you connect your PS Vita (wifi desactivated) to your comp without internet, OpenCMA works good but if you disconnect your PS Vita (wifi desactivated) and turn the Internet connection of your Comp back on, Win CMA will ask the latest update to the Sony Server without asking you anything (silent update) anyway everytime you are on the internet, Sony updates the information of Win CMA.

Now about PS Vita CMA, if you decide to turn the wifi back on (with internet connection) the background program will receive a message from Sony server that a new update is available.

The solution with OpenCMA (never turn the wifi of the PS Vita back on) and add the ip request of Sony server to your hosts file, you need to think that OpenCMA is for temporary using.

Simply connected USB PS Vita is recognized by every platform (you don't need to launch CMA to do what we want on the PS Vita), i'm also working on it but it would be better if somebody helped.

I would love to help but i don't own a vita and i don't have learned all that stuff. Meaning i would need to read and learn everything about that stuff we want to do first.

Important !!! The People who have a PS Vita/Windows

Launch command Regedit (run) or ms-dos -> regedit

And check the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\U SB\VID_054C&PID_04E4 (we have a lot of information about the PS Vita usb control connection)

Keep on looking.

I find also you can launch CMA in debug mode by pressing shift (i think it's that)

inside CMA.EXE
    [Register or Login to view links] => Online Certificate Status Protocol
    [Register or Login to view links] updated from time to time.
    [Register or Login to view links] (analyzer report)
    [Register or Login to view links] (same as other repo)
    [Register or Login to view links] Windows attempts to download the CRL every time you connect to the internet (nice to know)
    [Register or Login to view links] same
    [Register or Login to view links] same ocsp
    [Register or Login to view links] same crl

all that = remote web server

Anyway Sony have too much control (check enum USB and other Sony Stuff on reg)

Please keep going If you need any help let me know and tel me what i shall do. I'm now for more years in the scene and have made the Universal Unbrick Diisc, Last Chance Unbrick Diisc and the RescueMii-CORE for the Wii. On ps3 i've made ACiD CFW and im Leader of TeaM ACiD (still). Also i've writen a batch command in the very first days of PS3 PKG's which hased a lot of feature. I'm learning VB when i have time and one of my running works is Translating the Android App ROM-Manager into german. Also i've made my owen CROM for my LG O3D. So im not totaly a noob

Let me know if i can help you.

I didn't know the wii could be unbricked

But then again it was possible with the psp >_>

Is there any way that you might be able to modify the CMA.exe to connect to different remote web servers?

Sponsored Links

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News