Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Problem with MP4 on PSP 1.5

Sponsored Links
    I'm have some problem with play some MP4 files on my PSP 1.5. I was able to play these files on my PSP 2.0 (before I downgraded it). Now the files come up as 'Unsupported Data'. I tried on Devhook 0.44, but it still unable to play it, I was wondering if there are any program I can use to play these files. Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links

same problem

Sponsored Links
    i have had the same problem, i have found two work arounds

one is to re encode the video files either into WMA - (god i hate that codec)
    i have never had problems playing WMA files - (You do need dev hook to play btw) or try re endocing the file with pMEnc v04. for PSPlayerMT.

the re endocing back int mp4 format had beend like 50 / 50 for me me some files everything has worked for me with WMA (firmware 2.6 or higher w/ devhook). Further more make sure you are using the right resolution 400x272 i think it is the right format, i forgot (i have it as a preset and yes i am too lazy to look right now)

furthermore you can try PMPMod but you need to encode into the AVC format which i don't know much about. all in all i think the only downfall of fw 1.5 is the very small amount of codecs it supports but thank god for DevHook and Emulated FW for wider codec support.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugly Dude View Post
    I'm have some problem with play some MP4 files on my PSP 1.5. I was able to play these files on my PSP 2.0 (before I downgraded it). Now the files come up as 'Unsupported Data'. I tried on Devhook 0.44, but it still unable to play it, I was wondering if there are any program I can use to play these files. Thank you in advance.
    Google for and download MediaInfo. Open the problematic .MP4 files with that and post the information it gives you here. Also, on Devhook 0.44, what firmware did you use to try to open the videos?

Quote Originally Posted by kidkadian
    re encode the video files either into WMA - (god i hate that codec)
    WMA is an audio codec. What program did you use to convert an MP4 file with both audio and video streams to a Windows Media Audio file?

if the video's worked before u downgraded they should work still try reseting default settings if that don't work reformatt memory stick then put everything back on (yup its a pain, i had to do that once and i have a 2gig)

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News